One to watch out for: The Trail of Tony Blair

Discussion in 'The Quarterdeck' started by beer_bosun, Jan 14, 2007.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. It opens with Robert Lindsay, who is playing Bliar, saying in a confession box, "Bless me Father, for I have sinned"!

Semper Strenuissima.

2. I would be intersested to know the full facts behind Blair, is he the one running the nation? Or is it Brown? What is the facts? Is he a man who done what he thought was right or a man who thought that he could rule as a king? Any thoughts guys.

3. Seadog

Seadog War Hero Moderator

And girls or just the guys?

Okay, Beer Bosun, start us off. What are your thoughts, with reasons?

4. I disapprove of this docu-soap approach to preemptive history. It is fiction intended to be a drama. So it cannot be expected that it will shed any like on our current position. If however it makes you feel better with a dig at TB then fill your boots.

5. Seadog

Seadog War Hero Moderator

Good point Phil and good reason for moving this thread from Current Affairs to the Quarterdeck.

Point scroll click - moved.

-----------------------------

Edited to make procedure clear to subsequent poster.

6. Oh, sorry, I thought it said the TRIAL of Tony Bliar. :D

7. It was a Trail before they "sexed it up"!

8. What makes you think any of the politicians are actually running the country?

The real power is held by the Spin Doctors, Whips, Senior Civil Servants, Unelected Chairs of Committees and other officials, Rupert Murdoch, the BBC, etc etc

Cynical, Me?

9. I thought this was the Quarterdeck!

Semper Strenuissima.

10. Not sure what I am "starting off", but I think it is to the question Blair or Brown.

I'm not actually sure that anyone is running the country at the moment. Blair is looking incredibly lame and tired. Brown on the other hand hasn't really said anything that makes me think he is running the show. I actually hope its Prescott - at least we get a free laugh out of him

Blair wants to leave us a legacy; I say he already has, War, Terror, Spin and Lies.