One man Band ludicrousness

The First Sea Lord made an utter fool of himself posing in front of cameras explaining the French/ British collision wearing expensive gold braided kit and non -action medals .

buffersmate1 said:
He was an embarrasment-- sitting in his number 4's with no war or campaign medals apparent. He the First Sea Lord with no battle experience .
Sad Sad dad
And your Battle experience was? Filling in the FOIA form to find out how many Lt Cdrs there are? oh and the Kaffir Beating Star with Oak leaf Cluster.
Account deletion incoming.

wet_blobby

War Hero
Morning Norm, have you popped in to cheer us up? Hows sunny Grantham today?

You really must try harder, that 1st Sea Lord record is running rather thin.

buffersmate1 said:
Admiral Band is the most senior fighting serving Chief of the Naval Staff.
Yet he has never seen one bit of blood-shed.
I don't care about his decorations, JB was the finest CO I ever had.

Ian

sgtpepperband

War Hero
Book Reviewer
buffersmate1 said:
Admiral Band is the most senior fighting serving Chief of the Naval Staff.
Yet he has never seen one bit of blood-shed.
So he must be doing his job right - success is not measured in the bodies of dead service personnel... :evil:

buffersmate1 said:
The First Sea Lord made an utter fool of himself posing in front of cameras explaining the French/ British collision wearing expensive gold braided kit and non -action medals .
Sh1tdits, I've got some war gongs yet I have the public speaking skills of Joey Deacon and the IQ of a newt. What's your point?

Jeez, what's Norma(n) going to do when he's finished in character assasinating every Naval senior officer ? Start on the Chiefs and POs ? Might get a bit worried in about 2040 when he reaches my level.....

Joey Deacon mwhahahaha not heard that name in a while!!!!

buffersmate1 said:
buffersmate1 said:
He was an embarrasment--sitting in his number 4's with no war or campaign medals apparent. He the First Sea Lord with no battle experience .
Sad Sad dad
Good to see Norm is back with his incorrect facts. If he was wearing his Number 4's then why was he wearing all his gold braiding and medals?? Now I've not been out that long surely the No's 4's haven't become the new No's 1's? lol

Credence would have been better served had the good Admiral explained the Brit/Frog engagement wearing his number 8's with a suggestion of manual labour under his manicured nails.

But the man made a fool of himself.
Andwering questions Sub/Smash he appeared booted and spurred in his best No1's with court mounted medals-- Embarrasing?
My 18th century Royal Navy family collectively cringed