One for the liberals...

Discussion in 'Current Affairs' started by Shakey, Sep 8, 2006.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. One of those state the obvious wind up the liberals emails that are doing the rounds.....

If you are ready for the adventure of a lifetime, TRY THIS:
    Enter Pakistan, Afghanistan , Saudi, Nigeria, etc illegally. Never mind immigration quotas, visas, international law, or any of that nonsense.
    Once there, demand that the local government provide free medical care for you and your entire family.
    Demand bilingual nurses and doctors. Demand free bilingual local government forms, bulletins, etc. Procreate abundantly. Deflect any criticism of this allegedly irresponsible reproductive behaviour with, "It is a cultural thing; you wouldn't understand."
    Keep your British identity strong. Fly the your national flag from your rooftop, or proudly display it in your front window, or on your car bumper.
    Speak only English at home and in public, and insist that your children do likewise.
    Demand classes on English culture in the Muslim school system.
    Demand a local country driver license. This will afford other legal rights and will go far to legitimise your unauthorised, illegal, presence in Pakistan, Afghanistan or Iraq.
    Drive around with no liability insurance and ignore local traffic laws.
    Insist that local country law enforcement teaches English to all its officers.
    Organise protest marches against your host country, inciting violence against non-Brits, non-Christians, and the government that let you in.
    Good luck! You'll soon be dead. Because it will never happen in Pakistan, Afghanistan or Iraq or any other country in the world except right here in the UK
    For we are run by soft, politically correct politicians, that are too cared to "offend" anyone.
    If you agree, pass it on. If you don't, go ahead and try the above in Pakistan, Afghanistan or Iraq.
  2. BZ Shakey! You're quite right, of course, though actually health care is free in Saudi Arabia... or at least it used to be, as it is in many other rich Islamic nations - and much more egalitarian than what we provide over here!
  3. I thought you were describing British expats...
  4. bz shakey huzzah for british irony :D :D
  5. Good effor, Shakey! Made me laugh...until I remembered that the state of our once great nation is no fcuking joke at all.
  6. Like I said in another forum. Is there any wonder I am seriously considering retiring abroad ?
  7. How about this version :) ...

8. Hammock - most of our ex-colonies have gone downhill at warp speed since we left - The Septics being an hounerable exception.
    You only have to ook at Africa; every country there is A)starving to death. B)In a state of permenant civil war. C)Under military dictatorship. D)All three.
    Inspite of what all the Guardian readers believe, it is obvious that the world would be a much better place if the Empire was back in control.
    Off course, it'll never happen We'ed need a real leader - Cromwell, Churchill - to sort out the mess in our own country first. And even then, we could'nt afford to save the world from itself. It just costs too much.
  9. A)starving to death. B)In a state of permenant civil war. C)Under military dictatorship. D)All three

Ermm is Australia and Canda exempt?LOL
  10. I am proud of what our empire-builders achieved. But my point is that they were not Little Englanders, they spoke Hindustani, Kiswahili and Malay and they knew that Britain's interests were worldwide.
  11. Sorry?

A country with a level of rural poverty unacceptable anywhere else in the developed world?

12. In reality Chuchill was a Liberal, particularly when it came to social justice. He was one of those who helped formulate the first version of the welfare state with the original National Insurance scheme. He actually supported the miners in 1926 until the National Strike was called. You might well find that a time travlelling Churchill would not actually do what you want. Cromwell of course was a religious bigot so you may not find his ule quite so comfortable either.

13. Good read shakey. Sad reslity is the truth within is. What the hell are we doing in the UK?

14. ENOUGH!!! :evil: When are we going to be allowed to stop apologising for our forebears?? I'm sick and tired of hearing the non-British, and their apologists harking back to the British empire and blaming that for all the problems in the world.

Do the Italians get criticised for the Roman empire disintegrating and leaving Europe to survive the dark ages? - NO!

Do the Arabs and Mediteraneans criticise the Greeks for the conquests of Alexander the Great? - NO!

Do the Norwegians / Swedish / Danes live in fear of someone taking revenge for the Viking raping and pillaging? - NO!

Do the Italians criticise the Sicilians for actions and conquests of Dionysius? - NO!

Do the French find themselves continually pressured to apologise for the swathing invasions of Napoleon? - NO!

So why the hell do the liberal apologists justify the behaviour of Arabs / Afro-Carribeans etc, because Britain just happened to have an empire and left those countries to get on with their own lives when they asked us to. Why should we, be held responsible for what our great great grand parents did!!??

Come on you liberal soft arses. The British Empire is HISTORY - MOVE ON!!! And stop giving those cold blooded murderers an excuse.
  15. I suspect some here don't even know what the British Empire was Bunnyjumper! :lol: You're quite right, though. Well put. :p
  16. I remember a map of the World at school,anything that was pink was the British Empire,the map was covered with huge swages of pink!!!Look at one now and you will need a magnafying glass to find whats left!
  17. I've got my grandad's old 1911 World Atlas. According to that we still own one third of the Globe!
  18. The British Empire is not entirely history - we are not just a small island on the northwest coast of Europe. Britain's overseas territories still stretch to the Antarctic and to the Pacific. Our sphere of influence is still considerable. We take sufficient responsibility for our former colonies to get involved in Sierra Leone, we still have British forces stationed in Cyprus, Brunei, Belize, Canada and Kenya, nearly 11% of the regular Naval Service are non-British Commonwealth citizens, 5 million UK residents were born overseas, and 10 million Britons live overseas.

I make no apologies for the British Empire, but the original post was just screaming Pot! Kettle! Black! Other people do what they think they can get away with, and so do we. There is no point pretending that Britain is full of saints. In a way that's what I like about the French, they do what is in their interests and are unashamed about it. Contrast that with the Americans, who do what is in their interests while pretending to be righteous upholders of freedom, justice and democracy.
  19. I think the original post needs to taken in the in the present tense and not the past. Ok I know as we all do that mistakes were made, but time and attitudes have changed what was thought of as right then (and I not just talking about the British) is not applicable or justified now!
    I know if we don’t take note of history it will repeat it’s self in some form or the other, we must not repeat the mistakes of the past.
    We are meant to be in the modern world not in the dark ages!

And just one last rant WE ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ALL THE WORLDS WOES as some would have you believe.

Glad I got that one out.
  20. In response to a couple of questions about my original post:
    Since when were Austrialia and Canada part of AFRICA?! S hould have gone to Specsavers, lad. I admit I don't really think of Austrilia/Canada as former colonies.
    America's problems are legion. But, at least for now, they are the most powerful nation on earth.