Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

One for Pontius

That's a septic that don't count, looks like red admar (or similar ) before going black, or its their new PC one for the new age sailor?
trenchant-3.jpg
5591367905_224406f8df_b.jpg

Walking the dog on Ryde beach this morning (it was a cracking weather) I was a bit puzzled at seeing what seemed to be a Sea King with day-glo patches fore and aft hovering over a Wightlink car ferry. It then ambled off and hovered over a merchant ship anchored off St Helens, before flying off in the direction of Portsmouth. I tried to take pix with phone, but much too far away.

But checking on the web, I found this:

http://navaltoday.com/2017/07/27/former-royal-navy-sea-king-mk5s-leased-to-helioperations-uk/

Walking the dog on Ryde beach this morning (it was a cracking weather) I was a bit puzzled at seeing what seemed to be a Sea King with day-glo patches fore and aft hovering over a Wightlink car ferry. It then ambled off and hovered over a merchant ship anchored off St Helens, before flying off in the direction of Portsmouth. I tried to take pix with phone, but much too far away.

http://navaltoday.com/2017/07/27/former-royal-navy-sea-king-mk5s-leased-to-helioperations-uk/

Its an old 771 Squadron cab

Yes. XV666 (Damian naturally ). Being flown under a military style AOC to train German SAR pilots. And based out of Portland. Mainly ex RN guys working there. Taken a lot to get it up and running. Hopefully they’ll get a second cab soon.

Yes. XV666 (Damian naturally ). Being flown under a military style AOC to train German SAR pilots. And based out of Portland. Mainly ex RN guys working there. Taken a lot to get it up and running. Hopefully they’ll get a second cab soon.

Its a nightmare getting a ex military aircraft onto a civvy register, we tried here with an old RAF Herc!!!

Be nice to see the old aircraft flying again.

Helioperations. Operating quite close to what was the old 772 site. I was there for the last SAR launch and one of my ex Wasp aircrewman nicked the squadron keyboard !!
Still nice to see employment for ex RN maintainers, crewmen and pilots. Long may it continue A7926DCC-0A91-4E3F-A48C-2ECA95EE3682.jpeg69D27328-4E19-4331-9077-BDC28CF8671F.jpeg

Last edited:

That would be about right. Heliops are operating two ex RN Seakings painted in the familiar grey and orange livery.
I work just opposite them and have yet to see them in daylight!!!!

Latest Threads