One for Pontius

Dredd

War Hero
Super Moderator
Then, as a father figure, you will advise at just what it is that concentrates the minds of our younger,erstwhile contributors. Explain, please, what you think just what would interest them. We might not be able to add-- but we could contribute intelligently.

As usual you have deliberately misconstrued what I said - or you are not as intelligent as you wish to think you are. This was nothing to do with what you post, although as Wrecks said, it is often just tenuous gash designed to clutter up the thread like the internet equivalent of a PSOF sitting in the corner of the bar wibbling to themselves and occasionally shouting out "flying monkeys". So let me enlighten you.

If you want to cut and paste from a source on the internet, you are expected, nay, required to credit the original source so anyone interested can go to it for further information. The quickest and easiest way to do this is to have an actual link pasted in as well.

You know this - or at least you should do as we have told you on multiple occasions. Since you seem to be deliberately ignoring this (or feigning ignorance) then do not be surprised that any future posts from you that do NOT have a link or source reference might be deleted, with or without a thread ban and/or points - and the more you continue to do it the more likely the AND will take the place of the OR and will escalate in duration and value.

Do you need that to be any clearer or shall we just demonstrate through action? It is your call. We have been more than fair with you and even a little over-tolerant, especially when it is obvious that you delight in taunting and winding up the other members (and especially mods), so remember - you are bringing this on yourself. And I suspect it is part of your plan, so you can rail about how badly you are being treated and how unfair it all is.

And for once I will say - BS or dumb this post and you will get a permanent thread ban and 2 (more) points. Where points do not win prizes, not in this game.

Waspie

War Hero
As usual you have deliberately misconstrued what I said - or you are not as intelligent as you wish to think you are. This was nothing to do with what you post, although as Wrecks said, it is often just tenuous gash designed to clutter up the thread like the internet equivalent of a PSOF sitting in the corner of the bar wibbling to themselves and occasionally shouting out "flying monkeys". So let me enlighten you.

If you want to cut and paste from a source on the internet, you are expected, nay, required to credit the original source so anyone interested can go to it for further information. The quickest and easiest way to do this is to have an actual link pasted in as well.

You know this - or at least you should do as we have told you on multiple occasions. Since you seem to be deliberately ignoring this (or feigning ignorance) then do not be surprised that any future posts from you that do NOT have a link or source reference might be deleted, with or without a thread ban and/or points - and the more you continue to do it the more likely the AND will take the place of the OR and will escalate in duration and value.

Do you need that to be any clearer or shall we just demonstrate through action? It is your call. We have been more than fair with you and even a little over-tolerant, especially when it is obvious that you delight in taunting and winding up the other members (and especially mods), so remember - you are bringing this on yourself. And I suspect it is part of your plan, so you can rail about how badly you are being treated and how unfair it all is.

And for once I will say - BS or dumb this post and you will get a permanent thread ban and 2 (more) points. Where points do not win prizes, not in this game.
We’ll I understood it and I have never been an officer or university lecturer!!!
Just a Mr Thicky lower deck Wafu!!

Plimsoll

Badgeman
What is the internet for? What is Google for? What are encyclopedias for? What is the point of getting the information you seek and then typing it all out in your own words instead of cutting and pasting? Of course none of these on line aids are of little use if a suitable search line is not entered.
A bit like the doctor who charged £225 for curing his patients knee pain by striking it with a little hammer -- £225 for tapping it with your toffee hammer? The patient expostulated.

It's £25 for striking it with my little hammer the doctor explained.
It's £200 for knowing where to strike

A bit like using Google et al intelligently. Not merely cutting and pasting but knowing just where to cut and paste from. Aye there's the rub.

Cut and paste are fine - So long as references are quoted. Otherwise, it's plagiarism.

Plimsoll

Badgeman
The "law" might expect one to but the "law" cannot require it.
If I am able to locate the bits and pieces I am interested in on line at an advanced age --Why are those much younger and abler of mind not so able to do?
I fail to see that if I,of advanced years is able to adduce some intelligence from the Net, Why are they not able so to do?. The young Thrusters attempting to take the piss out of the piss-stained brain addled old and bold resort to infantile, contentious tendentious clap trap when they are shown the errors of their ways.
Grow up!!

Because cut and paste can be used to only provide the information the person wishes to present. What is omitted may be pertinent but purposely left out to promote a narrative. Therefore providing the source allows the reader to check where the information was gathered and the context.

Plimsoll

Badgeman
I thought this forum was about naval life. Experiences, dits, advice for those newbies seeking advice!!
Not endless unrelated posts from google about abstract bollox and crayoning!!!
Any clown can C&P. Google isn’t a replacement for life’s experiences.
Unless you’re a doddering old duffer who can’t exist without a search engine!!!

Or never experienced what is being posted and only have googled for information.

Waspie

War Hero
Ooooo, the mature senior elder of the site is posting BS's on his biggest fans posts!!!!

I'd search Google for a suitable reply but really can't be arsed. I mean al that effort into copying someone else's effort - just not worth the effort!!!

He makes Oi larf!!!!!

Waspie

War Hero
@lanky , you obviously can't take the hint, 2 warning points awarded and a permanent ban from this thread.

Now, back to WAFUey type things....
Difficult thinking how to get back on track when it was hijacked so pointlessly!!

If his plan is to thin out the membership he's doing a brilliant job. You only have to look back a few months to see how many contributors are no longer visible!!

I'm starting to feel sad for the lonely old git with only us to pass his hours away.

Waspie

War Hero
The "law" might expect one to but the "law" cannot require it.
If I am able to locate the bits and pieces I am interested in on line at an advanced age --Why are those much younger and abler of mind not so able to do?
I fail to see that if I,of advanced years is able to adduce some intelligence from the Net, Why are they not able so to do?. The young Thrusters attempting to take the piss out of the piss-stained brain addled old and bold resort to infantile, contentious tendentious clap trap when they are shown the errors of their ways.
Grow up!!
From the man who post BS on all posts of those of us who disagree with him. Grow up - REALLY!

You are a ******* child. You say your 91 - my grandkids have more intelligence than you will ever or have ever attained!!

You and Google have fun.

That's all from me. You win!!!

redmonkey

War Hero
Book Reviewer
A lot of BS has been awarded recently and since the ban. I didn't think you could do so when banned or is that only on the other site when on ROP's?

To get back onto the aviation theme and tieing in nicely with Wafus here is a link to having a Spifire flight from Daedalus.

It still gets me when I see the classic form flying over my house. Having a few low level passes would be good as well but the regulations won't let them.

Daedalus Spitfire flights

Aviation Blogs -A salute from a Spitfire to HMS Queen Elizabeth_.. -.png