One for Pontius

SONAR-BENDER

War Hero
The WAFU-ish types might like to see this:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=7uzVMtV5uhg

Despite living in the Spanish Sticks, they some how manage to put on a pretty good airshow every year. Put your sound on - it is LOUD!

PS Later on I was sitting on our terrace, looked up and this thing was coming straight towards my front door! It then banked over and hit the after-burners! The dogs went completely bat-shit crazy! Obviously my phone/camera was indoors - pity.

Pontius

War Hero
Presumably one takes-off facing aft. Runway length still looks a tad short to me but, then again, those boats may be able to sail in reverse really quickly.

Dusty70

Lantern Swinger
Presumably one takes-off facing aft. Runway length still looks a tad short to me but, then again, those boats may be able to sail in reverse really quickly.
BOATS.....BOATS ?????..................................................flagellate yourself sir quickly

Jacobus

Lantern Swinger
That’s “snaky Blakey”. A strange design ( hybrid ) and a wide beam vs her length led to a strange corkscrew motion at sea and a snaking wake.
And a complete misfit of a ship. Propulsion nightmare for one thing.
Chief Pilot of BAe Dunsfold did that trial.
Better than Soapy’s effort...eh, Pontius. ?

WreckerL

War Hero
Tiger had the same mod done and the same problems. I think they re-designated Helicopter Cruisers after the Aft 6" turret was removed and the hangar put on.

Pontius

War Hero
Better than Soapy’s effort...eh, Pontius. ?
I would argue Suds landed on a much smaller target. It was only the BOAT moving around that led to it slipping off the shipping container. Poxy fisheads again you see ;)

(We had two Watsons, so Suds was used to distinguish him apart from the older Soapy)

Jacobus

Lantern Swinger
I would argue Suds landed on a much smaller target. It was only the BOAT moving around that led to it slipping off the shipping container. Poxy fisheads again you see ;)

(We had two Watsons, so Suds was used to distinguish him apart from the older Soapy)
He was still Soapy at Valley before he met up with the other Soaps. He did however, do a cracking job. The ensuing live Marisat telephone call to Sky TV was probably not one of his better moves. !!!

I did quite a few 899 dets to Wittering with Suds, the T Bird civvies used to take a Pinky Sup to "Pinky" and FSI for them. Surprising how many crabs asked me, "Is that the pilot that landed on that container ship?" :)

Latest Threads