One for Pontius

WreckerL

War Hero
In my last job here I was the SME for C-130K and Tristar, both sadly gone to new homes. In theory I did work on the whole fleet when the passed through.

(How I became an SME I don't know, must have been all that time sleeping off hangovers on the cargo floor during detachment trails)
In the kingdom of the blind, the one eyed man is king ;)

Pontius

War Hero
Definitely do not want one of those. It might help if they didn't make up types of Harrier. There was never a Hawker Harrier II, only McDonell Douglas/Boeing and the 'I' in 'AVI' I just find annoying. Yes, my OCD likes to kick in but AV8 and Harrier II would have been so much better. However, even if I squint I'm at a loss to see how they were inspired in their design by the Pegasus.

BillyNoMates

War Hero
It was on my Secret Santa list! Now all you'll be getting
is a Cadburys Selection Box....and I've scoffed the
Double Decker and the Curly Wurly, so please excuse
the cellotape on the box when it arrives.

SantaBilly.

Back to the zooms now, or items of zoom interest.

A nice timepiece.

Not a bad price really. Go on. You know you want one.

https://www.ablogtowatch.com/avi-8-av-4047-watch-inspired-hawker-harrier-ii-jet-engine/
Ok I give in - WTD is the time supposed to be showing on that contraption ???

Much easier when Mickey Mouse's big hand was at 12 o'clock and his little hand was just disappearing up Minnies skirt.

As an aside, one of my watches is a Tissot touch with an altimeter function - worked OK on a cable trip up the Aiguille du Midi at Chamonix.

But [and this is where @Pontius might chuckle] as an infrequent flier I was a bit miffed when it did not show the altitude at all on a flight to the USA - For just a wee while I was wondering...Why not?

Definitely do not want one of those. It might help if they didn't make up types of Harrier. There was never a Hawker Harrier II, only McDonell Douglas/Boeing and the 'I' in 'AVI' I just find annoying. Yes, my OCD likes to kick in but AV8 and Harrier II would have been so much better. However, even if I squint I'm at a loss to see how they were inspired in their design by the Pegasus.
Is the etching supposed to look like the LP1 fan?

WreckerL

War Hero

Much easier when Mickey Mouse's big hand was at 12 o'clock and his little hand was just disappearing up Minnies skirt.

As an aside, one of my watches is a Tissot touch with an altimeter function - worked OK on a cable trip up the Aiguille du Midi at Chamonix.

But [and this is where @Pontius might chuckle] as an infrequent flier I was a bit miffed when it did not show the altitude at all on a flight to the USA - For just a wee while I was wondering...Why not?
I think the numerals move round and you read the time off the red bits, just the sort of watch that, by the time you've worked out which bit you look at, you're adrift. Not sure that wash at the skippers table though!

Sumo

War Hero

you could have asked the skipper to open the snort mast to equalise?:)

Pontius

War Hero
It's always a struggle to make the right choice isn't it. Do I want to sit in the cabin at -55 degs, pressure-breathing on pure oxygen and expelling gasses, while marvelling that my watch tells me we're at 37000' OR 22 degs, sipping a nice semillon blanc sauvignon and just reading it off the in flight entertainment? Decisions, decisions :D

(.......and don't worry, you're not the only one. I think I probably get a couple of comments each year regarding this and that's from the cabin crew (who should know better) passing on a passenger's request. If I get a couple and there are quite a few of 'me' out there, then you are safe in the knowledge that not everyone understands the concept of a pressurised tube. AND at least you figured it out yourself ;))

Sumo

War Hero
@Pontius flying with Ryanair next Thurs to Eindhoven can you get me upgraded to at least cattle class please?
Your OK your altitude watch will probably work in their cabin :D enjoy the cheap seats.
When flying a few years back I asked for seat size, they gave me everything except width, eventually they came back with something like 14", great where do I put my other cheek, our upper accompany is much bigger? 16" sod off it's an 8 hrs flight, we settled on 19" with anther airline.

Pontius

War Hero
I'll put it around the Dark (Pilot) Web that you're off on your travels and that the RYR boys and girls should turn up for work that day. That's about as good as it gets with them :)

I'll put it around the Dark (Pilot) Web that you're off on your travels and that the RYR boys and girls should turn up for work that day. That's about as good as it gets with them :)
Cheers Shippers :)

The new baggage allowance is pants, in fact that's all you can get in the bag!!!!

Latest Threads