One for ninja

Discussion in 'RMR' started by Mikespearce, Nov 14, 2007.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. OK just taken the practice test on how 2 become a royal marine and got 23/30 on the numeracy. Now i know its practice but would this be a good enough score for a proper test?

2. wet_blobby

wet_blobby War Hero Moderator

Congratulations, if you can count upto 30 the Corps should snap you up. :thumright:

3. Dont know about that

4. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Well, the Band Service will take you... :dj:

5. Hope that was a joke lol

6. sgtpepperband

Well you're using a 'pooter so I'm assuming you're good with your fingers. Have you considered playing the oboe?! :thumright:

7. Ask the misses about my hands im sure she will give a good reply. She'll say im a good ****** !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

8. sgtpepperband

Then you'll have no problems - you'll be perfect for the Royal Marines! :wink:

9. Thats what i like to hear. Il be devastated if i fail again

10. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

Hiya Mike,

If that was a "How to become a Royal Marine" website test,costing money, not on the official RN/RM website & not the official 'Practice Test Booklet' supplied free from your AFCO, then I can't really give a definitive answer.

Best bet, seriously, is get a free practice test book from your AFCO (or additionally borrow a free psychometric testing book from your library) and practice against the clock. Speed is of the essence.

For RM, you need to aim for roughly at least 50% in all sections to be assured of passing.

11. sgtpepperband

Well if you do, you could always join the RAF... 8O

12. Ok i just read your reply to another post about the guy getting 21/30 wrong so is the minimum 10 answers right.

13. Ten fingers and ten toes....you're sure to make it!!! :thumright:

14. HEHE so im assuming i must have had a proper thick moment to fail it

15. ..er....in a word......yes! Good luck mate! :whew:

16. Ninja_Stoker

In the English & Maths sections for RM yes, but you need to score higher overall to pass the recruiting test. If you only reach that standard in all 4 sections you will not pass.

17. Yeah thats fine like i said before got nearly 100 percent in other tests it was just my maths that i failed on so im pretty sure il be alright this time. Just out of interest what afco you at?

18. wet_blobby

wet_blobby War Hero Moderator

Persec mate.....like a true Ninja he hides in dark places.....well back of the pub anyway.

19. Also when i passed back in 02 i got a list of jobs i think diver and aircrewman were on it do you need a good score for these or are they what most people get?

20. Ninja_Stoker

Mike,

Not aware it was ever possible to join directly as an aircrewman, so it's quite likely you were offered Naval Airman(Aircraft Handler), Diver & Royal Marine as they require an average Recruiting Test score. As you would imagine the more technical the trade (Phase two) training, the higher the score required.

"Last orders at the bar, please...."