One for dapper

Taztiff

War Hero
One for @dapperdunn
What does it take to send the 500 men and women in a 19,000-tonne assault ship to Japan and back over ten months? Here are some statistics from HMS Albion:

240,000 sausages – laid end-to-end they’d stretch from Plymouth to Portsmouth

Enough baked beans to fill two Olympic-sized swimming pools

15,400 chickens

314,280 eggs – boiled, poached and scrambled

9 tonnes of bacon

59,544 chocolate bars

68,750 cans of diet coke

20,305 tins of beer

795 sacks of mail from loved ones

How many sausages?

guns1969

War Hero
One for @dapperdunn
What does it take to send the 500 men and women in a 19,000-tonne assault ship to Japan and back over ten months? Here are some statistics from HMS Albion:

240,000 sausages – laid end-to-end they’d stretch from Plymouth to Portsmouth

Enough baked beans to fill two Olympic-sized swimming pools

15,400 chickens

314,280 eggs – boiled, poached and scrambled

9 tonnes of bacon

59,544 chocolate bars

68,750 cans of diet coke

20,305 tins of beer

795 sacks of mail from loved ones

How many sausages?

Only 20,305 tinnies ? - fecking amateur's…..

Knotty

Lantern Swinger
Only 20,305 tinnies ? - fecking amateur's…..
My thoughts exactly, that's an average of just over 4 x tins per matelot per month!!
A waste of manpower loading the beer on the ship in the first place, I thought only the Yanks ran dry ships...

SONAR-BENDER

War Hero
:)
Wot that make us then, normal submarine at sea no beer, a long side, different kettle of fish?
@WreckerL @SONAR-BENDER @fishhead @janner @skyvet @Topstop plus many more, must goto work:)
You must have been in a different submarine service to me. Not drinking at sea was voluntary, as by the time one got off watch there was only about 5 hours until you were shaken again for the next watch. For sure I had the odd tinny if I REALLY fancied it. We had wine with Sunday lunch if you wished (I did!).

The black-dafties, having a different watch-keeping routine could have a drink if they wanted - there were a couple of times they did..........

Alongside..... Our grocer used to have a catering size tin of tomato juice on the mess table at harbour stations when going into port - not to sea! As soon as the first 'S' was out over the main broadcast for 'secure from harbour station's, it was open and a little vodka added....