One armed TV presenter Scares Kids

Discussion in 'Diamond Lil's' started by Joint_Force_Harrier, Feb 23, 2009.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I don't see what all the fuss is about. My 4 year old godson isn't scared of her, he's more concerned with the rape monkeys and needle-toothed dwarf satan clowns that I tell him live in his attic.

She's worth a wipe.

2. One armed and eyed British admiral scared the Frogs.

3. Why should children be frightend of Cerrie Burnell? Isn't it obvious that she's 'armless? :twisted:

Sorry, now to be serious:

What really begs the question to be asked is would these parents rather have Miss Cerrie Burnell working as a presenter on Cbeebies or would they prefer her to claim disability allowance and benefits? I will agree that perhaps seeing someone might be a little bit scary to temourous two-year olds, but its hardly traumatising. It would be Cerrie Burnell's responsibility to make herself appear open and friendly as a children's presenter anyway, so really it could be argued that employing a disabled presenter is also providing a positive public opinion of blue-badgers.

If we're really going to take these comments seriously about watching a disabled television presenter giving young children nightmares then we might as well wrap the buggers in bubble-wrap in case they fall and cut their knee.

4. I bet bean flicking could prove a problem :D

5. I know its 'wrong' but I couldn't but laugh at that. My cousins who are of that age, I would imagine would be interested and intrigued rather than frightened! Poor girl I think!
    As for the positive discrimmination bit, you're damned if you do, you're damned if you don't!

And Monty, I'll have to remember that next time I visit. I had a good one a couple of christmas' ago - in a bungalow with no chimney, I told the lad that Santa would come in through the washing machine, so I got him to shout into it to Santa, I nearly got thrown out apart from everyone laughing too much

6. I've found it........it's inside Basil Brush

7. It is the one eyed Scottish idiot I am scared of

Jack McH

8. Better looking than the one armed bandit of Fort Lauderdale (1980`s) now that was scarey 8O

9. If it doesn't work out for her on the telly, she could always get a job as a short hand typist!

10. I think the parents of these children should behave responsibly and teach their children about tolerance towards disabled people. It is precisely this mentality that led to disabled people of Nazi Germany being killed en masse. The problem is that disabled children are seen as vulnerable whilst disabled adults are seen as vermin. :pissedoff:

11. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

It appears that the complaints (well, about four so far) are based on the assumption that the presenter might scare the children. How many of those parents have actually had their children get scared after watching her present a programme?! Another case of adults transferring their own prejudices onto the young and impressionable, I imagine... :oops:

12. Good grief just how cosseted are these kids? what on earth has happened to parents?

13. Just noticed she is white. Of course she is going to scare the kids. :p

14. I took my daughter up to London recently, and whilst on a visit to a Hospital there, she came accross a very tall black nurse....very nice lady I might add, who took it very well.

My daughter was stunned, she stood rooted to the spot with her mouth open. Is that my fault for living in the country where all she meets are sheep?

If this lady really offends parents or children, they can always use the 'off' switch.

15. Novel thought 8O 8O

16. I’m sure the delicate little kiddywinks would be fine if she put the hook back on. I’ve not heard many complaints about Peter Pan’s adversary giving them sleepless nights and nightmares.

Anyway, all power to her elbow.

17. I remember being scared by a large Black lady too. It was in Lorenzo Marques and she was a Watusi woman complete with lots of rings around her stretched neck.She also had on high button boots and a black leather mini-skirt and to finish her outfit she was smoking a corn-cob pipe.Busiest girl in the whole knocking-shop she was, always sorry that I never got a photie

18. :D
    :lol: :lol: