One all round at Action Stations?

Discussion in 'Diamond Lil's' started by BillyNoMates, Sep 26, 2011.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

They've gone a bit dry, but what the f**k.............anyone fancy attempting to pull a vacuum trying
    to get some smoke out of one of these then? Down to my last 60. Ran out of stamps till next month.

Last edited: Sep 26, 2011
  2. That brought back happy memories.

3. Hopefully at some Action Station where your not meant to smoke, makes it even better then!

4. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Hmm, I don't fancy the idea of putting something long and thin with a blue line down the side into my mouth... :shock:

5. Thought that was part of the crusher selection board?

6. witsend

witsend War Hero Book Reviewer

Cheap and nasty tabs. Real sailors rolled their own from pussers sawdust baccy.

I'm sure I read somewhere that they found alot of pussers discarded butt ends in gay clubs during the 70s & 80s. Apparently they seen alot of action once they flashed their tabs.

7. That would explain why I used tickler "back in the day" plus the empty tins came in handy for odds 'n' sods.

8. witsend

witsend War Hero Book Reviewer

I use to have one of those tins under the stairs which I kept a set of watchmakers in. Haven't seen one onboard for many years.

9. I always kept a 100 pack in my locker at Coulport, as I could hardly nip down the NAAFI if I ran out.

10. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Careful - you almost sounded like "Nelson's Mate" there... :oops: :wink:

11. (granny)

(granny) War Hero Book Reviewer

Anyone seen a prick of tobacco recently ?

12. As a 17 year old in training it always used to amaze me how many fellow trainees at HMS Mercury would get caught smuggling blue liners out on weekenders. Everyone would have to muster in the drill shed prior to catching the transport into Petersfield, every week without fail someone would get caught by the Reggies with a shitload of them in their grip!!

13. How very dare you, the ultimate RR cyber insult.

• Like Like x 1
  14. CDR (E) on Fife action station/defence watch station was HQ1 so down to him to make the pipe ''One all round'', wardroom made a hat out of BL's at XMAS for him to wear. He was very pleased and proud of this hat and came down 3Q to show it off, came in the mess square (uninvited), stood to attention and pointing to his hat...''One all round''....the mess in unison...''Fuck off''.....he did smartish.

15. Soaked in bubbly to make it smooth , lovely jubberly!!
    Why was a fifth five called a fifth prick?

16. Happy memories...we used to have a bad tempered pig of a wren who did the baccy issue, she used to wonder why the divers would fall on the floor laughing as she licked the stamps.

17. I remember as a 14 year old sea cadet being able to swap 20 Rothmans for 60 blue liners when I was on a course.
    Sounded a great deal at the time.

18. Would that be the Chief wren from Vernon. remember when she shut up shop just before the Chief Sailmaker was served. When she came back from lunch he had made an oversized pair of canvas knickers which he nailed to the slops door. She was a miserable git

Last edited: Sep 27, 2011