Once again the Crabs blow their own foot off.....

I could understand it if they hung one on until 0600 the next day and expected them to foot the bill for thousands of quids worth of grog, but tea and biccies?
Piss off.

wardmaster said:
Well, strange as it may seem, there is a budget for Service Funerals which cannot be overspent. Yeah! I know, I sound like a bean counter, but if £1K is alright, how about £2K, or £3K? Many other people in this country get killed in the line of duty: policemen/women, firefighters, tube train drivers, etc, etc. How about if they all had a big funeral tea and wanted us to pay for it? The Government purse (our money) is not bottomless. Now, call me a miserable, bean counting bastard!

How you can compere a tube train driver with a serviceman/servicewoman is beyond belief!! No offence to tube train drivers! But a postman does a worthwhile job.

Govts and councils have money to waste. We all know on what projects silly Millenium Domes! silly traffic signs stating twinned with shite hole on the other side of the planet who cares if you are twinned with some knob place far away only the councillors who take a free trip for business reasons. Bollocks!!!

This is typical of the UK on how the services are treated a nice homecoming for Joe/Josephine Public to witness then behind the scenes we have the shite counting the costs.

It would be nice to think that the Armed Forces can show some leeway but, unfortunately, the JSP351 actually lays down what the MOD will pay for and it's unlikely that the civilian bean counters will bend the rules.

The same actually applies to the Army, RN, RM - MOD will pay for Coffin, Cremation/Burial, Headstone, Hearse, 1 Limo, Repatriation etc etc.

Anything else has to be paid for by the family - it's not the RAF making the ruling on this one, it's the MOD. Although you would have thought that the RAFA or another charity could have picked up the bill.

Edited for punctuation

wardmaster said:
Well, strange as it may seem, there is a budget for Service Funerals which cannot be overspent. Yeah! I know, I sound like a bean counter, but if £1K is alright, how about £2K, or £3K? Many other people in this country get killed in the line of duty: policemen/women, firefighters, tube train drivers, etc, etc. How about if they all had a big funeral tea and wanted us to pay for it? The Government purse (our money) is not bottomless. Now, call me a miserable, bean counting bastard!

you miserable bean counting [email protected]

alright for the MOD all to get shiney new chairs at a grand each eh?

alright for us all to pay for blairs holiday frolics eh?

alright for us to pay coppers to look after mandelson and co eh?

fecking disgrace, to compair a tube driver (who incidetaly get paid a damn site more than your avarage soldier) is just plain wrong.

hang your head in shame with the rest of the bean counters.

Hawkeye

Lantern Swinger
wardmaster said:
Miserable bean counting prick

dondon

MIA
Hawkeye said:
wardmaster said:
Miserable bean counting prick

OK your a bean counting bastard , :mad:

nutty_bag

War Hero
silverfox said:
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml;jsessionid=QNHSAEENX5HJNQFIQMFCFFOAVCBQYIV0?xml=/news/2007/02/25/nraf25.xml

In this day and age, when everything to do with the current operations we are involved in, and in particular how badly the Crabs are faring on the PR front, is under intense scrutiny, you would have thought that someone in a light blue uniform might have twigged this....

This post could have gone in CA but as I expect it to develop into a free ranging lambasting of the light blue dullards - it goes here. Game on...

Words fail me, meanwhile the fat cats in the big businesses that supply arms, munitions etc get richer. :sad:

danny

War Hero
stupidity. absalute stupidity. even if the mod was that cash straped (which i dont think they are) if they had mentioned the problem to the rest of his unit im sure they would have sorted it out. rather than have his bill sent to his family.

TattooDog said:
It would be nice to think that the Armed Forces can show some leeway but, unfortunately, the JSP351 actually lays down what the MOD will pay for and it's unlikely that the civilian bean counters will bend the rules.

The same actually applies to the Army, RN, RM - MOD will pay for Coffin, Cremation/Burial, Headstone, Hearse, 1 Limo, Repatriation etc etc.

Anything else has to be paid for by the family - it's not the RAF making the ruling on this one, it's the MOD. Although you would have thought that the RAFA or another charity could have picked up the bill.

Edited for punctuation

Thank you Tattoodog. A little bit of sense among the over-emotional crap.

slim

War Hero
It was extremely insensitive for MOD to send the bill, however perhaps guidelines have been too firmly adhered to. Would it not have been wiser for his squadron to have been approached to see if they would have been willing to help?

Not quite as insensitive as the Chinese government though who when a prisoner is executed then send the family the bill for the bullet.

wardmaster said:
TattooDog said:

Edited for punctuation

Thank you Tattoodog. A little bit of sense among the over-emotional crap.

why is it over emotional crap to point out some of this governments failings?

Not a fundraiser for our tony are you wardmaster?

Jimmy_Green

War Hero
slim said:
It was extremely insensitive for MOD to send the bill, however perhaps guidelines have been too firmly adhered to. Would it not have been wiser for his squadron to have been approached to see if they would have been willing to help?

Not quite as insensitive as the Chinese government though who when a prisoner is executed then send the family the bill for the bullet.

Bit of a difference though, Slim, between dying for your (ungrateful) country and being executed as a criminal.

Where a serviceman dies for his/her country the MOD should pull out ALL the stops to make things as bearable for the families concerned. A few hundred pounds here and there are nothing but a drop in the ocean compared to the amount the MOD consistently wastes on one thing or another. I'll bet the MOD spends far more than £600 on tea and biscuits and all the other niceties when their ministers and other senior civil serpents get together for a major chinwag.

Latest Threads