Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

On the subject of dirty Nurses

Tas-ape

Lantern Swinger
"In all my time working within the health field I have never seen such poor standards of hygiene in a state hospital. Reports of dirty toilets is just the tip of the iceberg. One Rockingham resident, who wishes to remain anonymous for fear of reprisals, told me that she saw a rat in a kitchen area designated for patient use. Moreover she said that when she reported this to the ward manager he seemed totally unconcerned stating that, and I quote, 'Oh that will be Roland'…..I couldn't believe it. They'd only gone and named the fucking thing!"

However it is a written statement from retired Orthopedic surgeon, Mr. David Young, that will possibly cause most embarrassment to the beleaguered heath trust.

In an article to be published in the British Journal of Medicine next month Young states,

"In all my time working for the NHS I have never come across conditions such as those that existed at Rockingham Hospitals. I could spend literally hours cataloguing events that took place during my employment there. On one occasion I actually had to suspend hip surgery for 30 minutes whilst the porters ushered out a stray dog from the operating theatre. When you have seen a Chihuahua and Jack Russell cross jump onto the chest of an anaesthetized patient and bite a fellow surgeon on the arm you know it is time to speak out."

The chairman of Rockingham NHS Health Trust, Sir Alan Maynard, was unavailable for comment. It was left to his secretary Miss Alice Maynard to release this press statement.

"Sir Alan is aware that hygiene standards are a cause for concern. However he would like to dispute a recent newspaper article claiming that 'nursing staff and ambulant patients were choosing to take their chances behind bushes and trees rather than risk the hospital toilets.' He does acknowledge however that the health authority may well need to tighten up it's cleaning contracts."

It has yet to be confirmed whether or not Sir Alan chose the 'outdoor option' himself during a board meeting on December 19th 2007.

Please yerself's :money:

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
MoD_RSS COVID-19: Temporary changes to Subject Access Request guidelines MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Inter-subject comparability in GCSE modern foreign languages MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Peppino Fiori: repeat offender subject to confiscation order MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Reviewing inter-subject comparability MoD News 0
L Subject: Quote of the day! Miscellaneous 6
L Subject: The agony of Dyslexia Blue Jokes 0
soleil MoD CS Bonus (nth outing on subject for the bus) Current Affairs 32
soleil Can The Typing Space In The Subject Field Be Extended .....? Site Issues 2
E Post subject: Sign the Petition for all to have RAMP CEROMON The Quarterdeck 22
Stepto Newbies only! Subject Title Change: Old Duffers only! Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 74
slim Educational subject Facts on Farts Diamond Lil's 4
P Subject: A Good Bottle of Wine The Quarterdeck 3
P Subject: Fw: The Train Set The Quarterdeck 0
MoD_RSS Criminals to face fresh crackdown in fight against dirty money MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: UK takes top spot in fight against dirty money MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Government campaign to prevent properties bought with dirty money MoD News 0
digger84 Whatever happened to keeping your dirty laundry private? Current Affairs 6
BillyNoMates Dirty talk. Diamond Lil's 0
SONAR-BENDER YIPPEE!!!! The dirty, smelly, skanky barstewards are going! Diamond Lil's 7
sgtpepperband Frogman007 is a dirty slaaaag!! Diamond Lil's 3
tentoes Is it considered "dirty pool old chap"? Diamond Lil's 3
The_Caretaker Dirty Christmas Miscellaneous 0
aljh Which one of you dirty b*stards is from Northampton? Diamond Lil's 31
WreckerL Dirty words Diamond Lil's 75
rod-gearing Dirty Ditties Diamond Lil's 8
Nails really dirty sex Diamond Lil's 15
L Got a Dirty mind? The Internet - Best and Worst 2
sadindiefreak HMS Edinburgh....Dirty boy The Quarterdeck 45
NZ_Bootneck Dirty ol' bastard Diamond Lil's 12
F Dirty Hospitals / C.Diff / NHS Current Affairs 46
S Dirty BlueShirt Theatre Submariners 5
sgtpepperband Have you got a dirty carpet? Diamond Lil's 2
ukdaytona Toilet Habits Of The Lesser Known Dirty Barsteward Diamond Lil's 21
ukdaytona 'Dirty Bomb' Terrorists Jail Sentance Reduced Current Affairs 17
MoD_RSS Record numbers of doctors and 14,813 more nurses working in the NHS MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Over 13,700 more nurses working in the NHS MoD News 0
MoD_RSS 14,199 more NHS nurses and nursing student acceptances rise by 23% MoD News 0
MoD_RSS New funding to double nursing apprentices and help deliver 50,000 more nurses MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Applicants to nursing courses in England up 16% as NHS employs record number of nurses and midwives MoD News 0
MoD_RSS NHS nurses, we thank you for your service as we get through coronavirus together MoD News 0
MoD_RSS National recruitment campaign for paramedics, radiographers and nurses begins MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: PHE spotlights nurses and midwives' roles in global public health MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Speech: Nurses are mission-critical to culture change in the NHS MoD News 0
K Waiting Nurses call Joining the Royal Navy 0
Stephielou92 Nurses or Student nurse? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 8
Seaweed Naval Nurses in WW1 History 1
C Qualified Nurses Burns ITU, Essex, £25-35k The Afterlife - Resettlement and Jobs 0
S Nurses? Nearest & Dearest 1
ForcesJobShop Employment Opportunity: GP Locum and Nurses The Afterlife - Resettlement and Jobs 0
The_Caretaker Doctor & Nurses Miscellaneous 0