On the spot fines to be raised, another revenue maker?

S

SJRM_RN

I see the gubmint are planning on raising on the spot fines for minor offences as a way of raising more revenue.

Well this bloke would have been well and truly nailed ...

On The Spot Fine

AngryMonkey

Lantern Swinger
You can always refuse admittedly they'll probably nick you but at least you'll get a day in court and if they've only the copper's word for it the CPS will probably bin it. No problem with the police as a rule but not a fan of these cost cutting measures that make them judge/jury as well.

This refers to the £15 surcharge to be added on to minor motoring offences and is being called a stealth tax. (Apparently to raise money for victim support).

Well, I'm quite happy about the introduction of a tax that I can choose not to pay by the simple expedient of not getting caught breaking the law. :wink:

Ballistic said:
This refers to the £15 surcharge to be added on to minor motoring offences and is being called a stealth tax. (Apparently to raise money for victim support).

Well, I'm quite happy about the introduction of a tax that I can choose not to pay by the simple expedient of not getting caught breaking the law. :wink:
Good point, well made, Ballistic.