On the sick....again....

I thought I'd post this in Lils because I just know I'm going to get abuse, but, if someone with any medical knowledge happens to pop by, please dont be shy, any miracle cures or old wifes tales worth trying out and I'm prepared to give it a go.

In a nutshell my backs fcuked. It hurts, really really hurts. I think it's Gods way of getting his own back on me for taking the p1ss out of mongs and special needs kids.

It went "pop" the other morning at work, nothing special just bent over to hook up my trailer and "bang" fucked. Its a muscular pain so I took the rest of the day off (could hardly stand up so no-use to anyone) and lay on bags of frozen peas, that didn't really help so had to go see the doc who signed me off onto light duties for a week. Well, we dont have light duties so told to sod off home...all good... :p Did my week of light activities, dug the garden etc and tried to keep the back moving as I found this helps. Went back to work Monday, back still sore but improved, thought "man up, get on with it you wooss" managed to work thru mon and tue, but today "bang" fcuked again, if anything it's worse.

So sent home again, had the soak in a hot bath, lathered up with tiger balm and stuck into a crate of speights. I've heard a hot bath with white vinegar is meant to be good, going to go to the swimming pool tomorrow and sit in the jacuzzi to let the bubble jet massage it, any other good suggestions out there? (massage is out as I'll expect a BJ as well but the missus will be with me. :wink: )

Visit a chiropractor.

make sure he is shit hot looking.

Undress down to your bestest panties and wonder round in a hospital gown.

Have him work his magic.

Pay him lots of money.

Got home, have terrible terrible aches, wake up fine next morning.

Stop limbo dancing and having sex swinging from chandeliers.

rosinacarley said:
Visit a chiropractor.....Whats wrong with my feet?

make sure he is shit hot looking.

Undress down to your bestest panties and wonder round in a hospital gown. why the gown?

Have him work his magic.

Pay him lots of money. no, done that before, bloody con

Got home, have terrible terrible aches, wake up fine next morning. I'm hoping the speights will help

Stop limbo dancing and having sex swinging from chandeliers.
dont think I could walk under a high jump bar at the moment, sex? i'm married, dont do that anymore

A

angrydoc

Avoid chiropractic at all costs!

Evidence states:
Paracetamol, 1 gram (ie 2 tablets) four times a day - regularly, not just when you feel like it
Ibuprofen, 400mg four times a day - regularly as above
Sometimes low dose diazepam works as a muscle relaxant, but you'll need a prescription for this

Keep it moving (like you've done)
Ask your MO to refer you to physio (should have done this already to be honest)

If it becomes chronic then various complementary therapies (acupuncture etc) may have some benefit, but I remain to be convinced. Never heard of vinegar baths!

Enjoy!

WhiteRose

Lantern Swinger
What worked for me was swimming, therefore getting exercise without high impact on the back. Cycling seems to have done the trick, too.

I had the most fantastic massage five years ago at a spa in Denmark. Not entirely sure what happened, but I don't seem to have suffered back problems since.

(Either that or all that locally-produced micro-brewery stuff had a long-term effect of blocking pain signals from back to brain).

angrydoc said:
Avoid chiropractic at all costs!

Evidence states:
Paracetamol, 1 gram (ie 2 tablets) four times a day - regularly, not just when you feel like it
Ibuprofen, 400mg four times a day - regularly as above
Sometimes low dose diazepam works as a muscle relaxant, but you'll need a prescription for this

Keep it moving (like you've done)
Ask your MO to refer you to physio (should have done this already to be honest)

If it becomes chronic then various complementary therapies (acupuncture etc) may have some benefit, but I remain to be convinced. Never heard of vinegar baths!

Enjoy!

Been given Codalgin, like you say four times a day. Dont think I can have Ibuprofen due to tummy troubles. Had acupuncture in the past, complete pants, I'd rather give my money away to "space holidays for bunny rabbits" than pay for that shite again. Keep you posted on the vinegar bath, that's on the agenda tomorrow if the spa jets dont work.

Oomallac

Badgeman
Sounds very familiar to my experiences, I was off work for 18 months!

Tried TENS, Ibuprofen and other painkillers, physio (a pretty one), an awesome massage in Manilla all gave varying degrees of comfort/relief.

In my case the best I discovered was a simple wide and magnetic belt, used to trigger shop exit alarms tho!!

Latest Threads