Discussion in 'Current Affairs' started by trelawney126, Aug 5, 2009.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I recieved this the other week,i sent it to my son in the UK to check it out for me,and yes it was a scam,i was pretty sure it was a scam because i havnt paid tax in the UK for 25 years,and when they ask for credit card details alarm bells rang straight away with me,cheeky cnuts, 8)
    This is it,

Sent: Friday, July 24, 2009 6:11:09 PM
    Subject: 2008 - 2009 Recalculation of you tax refund

Tax return 2008 - 2009
    2008 - 2009 Recalculation of you tax refund
    Local Office no. 182 24/July/2009
    TAX REFUND NUMBER: UK52/288194HMRC29/158

ATTN: Dear Applicant

After the last annual calculation of your fiscal activity we have determined that you are eligible to receive a tax refund of 344.79 GBP
    Your TRN (TAX REFUND NUMBER): UK52/288194HMRC29/158, complete the tax return form attached to this message.
    After completing the form, submit the form by clicking the SUBMIT button on form and allow us 5-9 business days in order to process it.

Our head office address can be found on our web site at http://www.hmrc.co.uk/

Note: For security reasons, we recommend that you close your browser after you have finished accessing your refund status.
    - For security reasons, we will record your ip-address and date.
    - Deliberate wrong inputs are criminally pursued and indicted.

Jennifer Brough
    Tax Credit Officer
    PR1 0SB
    Telephone: 0845 300 3900
    Opening hours:
    8.00 am to 8.00 pm, seven days a week
  2. Probably another 419 scam from our 'friends' on the big southern continent !

For info, the email address / web address from HMRC would end in ".gov.uk"

I work in a government building, and recently we've had people (from Brazil & Argentina lately) arrive here to claim 'substantial wins', but only if they pay funds up front (and who have apparently done so :roll: ) to release these wins.