Olive jobs overkill

Discussion in 'The Afterlife - Resettlement and Jobs' started by bikerman, May 19, 2009.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. 5 out of 12 posts as we speak on the front page come from Olive jobs.Personally if I want to look for a job I will go to the job site. So why are they trying to clog up site with Ads. Maybe a Mod could try an sort this out?
  2. Ironically, there are only ever about 5 jobs on olive jobs anyway!
  3. Could say the same about the newbies mate but apparently that seems acceptable!! :roll: :roll: :wink:
  4. You have to admit though, some of them are a darned sight more exciting than a lot of the threads we get.
  5. Sorry - I agree that it's a bit OTT on here and will grip it. We've just launched the site proper so the jobs are flowing in and unfortunately that burst is flooding this place a bit too much. It doesn't look so sever on ARRSE as it's busier.

I've got rid of the ad at the top and the number of threads will slow off. I'll keep an eye on it.

Thanks for prompting me into action!
  6. Perhaps the answer for both sites is to post in batches of say 5 adverts per batch or daily if you get less than say 5. This would unclutter the list and perhaps give the adverts more 'zap' instead of as now being seen as an annoyance.

Keep up the good work.