Oldest female recruit

creakin

Badgeman
Able Seaman Philp passed out as the top recruit for her entry.

How did she pass out as an AB? Good luck to her though.

creakin

RoofRat

War Hero
Good for her.
One day the Pusser will realise that there are a lot of older ex matelots who would happily return for a short stint. Seeing as they can't get enough youngsters to join......................... :wink:
RoofRat

I wouldn't mind a short stint - especially somewhere warm with a nice beach and lots of cold beer, .

Not too sure about the fitness test - but then we dusties were always lugging hulking great boxes and things about, we could probably be exempt ?!

A thought though, will she have time to complete a commission ?

With a bit of flexibility by Pusser (such as disabled friendly boats) they could raise the age limit to 70. I quite fancy another stint. I would need to do it all again of course as things have changed so completely and I'd definately like to compare 8 weeks at Torpoint with 15 months at Shotley. Of course this has been proposed earlier here. :wink:

Good Luck to her, I was in at the wrong time,too old for sea at 40,now she signs on for 22 years making her,58 for pension,anyone still serving at 58? apart from Admirals?

sgtpepperband

War Hero
Book Reviewer
creakin said:

creakin
Well, I know it'll cause some wide eyes amongst the older ones (myself included) but the RN ditched the grading of JRs. You are now either an AB or a LH - Second Class and First Class mean nothing now. They even join up with a star on their branch badge!

Anyway, in relation to the thread, good luck to her... mind you, I don't know how, as a 36-year old baby Steward, she'll manage being spoken to like a dogsbody by a snotty 20-year old Subby!!

This is not a dig, but I reckon she will be out in a couple of years. The sort of shit you put up with in the mob is easier to handle as a sprog but at her age I think it will get old pretty quick (pardon the pun). I'll give her a couple of years maximum.

PartTimer

War Hero
sgtpepperband said:
creakin said:

creakin
Well, I know it'll cause some wide eyes amongst the older ones (myself included) but the RN ditched the grading of JRs. You are now either an AB or a LH - Second Class and First Class mean nothing now. They even join up with a star on their branch badge!
To be fair, there is AB2 and AB1 - AB2 being what the Ordinary Rate used to be.

There was a link on ARRSE about a US Army Reserve Doc deploying again at age 75 - he's already done 3 operational tours since 9/11!

I have to amit it was somthing I considered after having my child but a nasty bout of PND and the fact I was kicked out last time put payed to that...........I would have thought!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
soleil FB: RNRMC - Happy 100th Birthday Harry Melling - Britain's Oldest WW2 Submariner Submariners 2
MoD_RSS One of the oldest Search and Rescue teams in the UK among winners of vital £1 million funding boost MoD News 0
soleil RN Website: "World's Oldest Christmas Pud On Display In Naval Museum" History 0
MoD_RSS News story: Scotland’s oldest nuclear reactor to go as demolition contract awarded MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Scotland’s oldest nuclear reactor to go as demolition contract awarded MoD News 0
soleil ITV: "Military Funeral For Britain's Oldest Royal Marine" The Corps 4
MoD_RSS News story: Oldest gallantry award for stand-out soldier MoD News 0
F Free advertising for the oldest proffession The Gash Barge 0
Bunter Maybe Oldest Surviving Naval Flag/Standard History 7
BONNACON Oldest rating to have served History 9
tentoes Oldest (combined age) Sniper Pair? The Corps 9
soleil Pompey News: "On Patrol: The Oldest Squadron In The Navy Shows What It Can Do" The Fleet 1
WreckerL Oldest recruit at Raleigh Bases / Shore Est 11
soleil Bolton News: Oldest person ever to join the RN passes out Bases / Shore Est 5
soleil Oldest surviving Jolly Roger flag to go on display Submariners 0
the_crab oldest ever surviving member of any British Armed Forces History 14
N Oldest bird you have been with !! Diamond Lil's 16
chinamatelot Oldest WW1 veteran - congrats Current Affairs 2
ex_wasp_L2 Oldest bank robber? Diamond Lil's 3
H Scottish Mum Becomes Oldest Navy Recruit The Quarterdeck 1
MoD_RSS Hull’s first female GP tops public vote in bridge-naming competition MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Finalists announced for the International Tech Hub Network’s Female Tech Founders and TeXchange programmes MoD News 0
MoD_RSS 2019 Asma Jahangir scholarship awarded to the top-ranking female Chevening scholar MoD News 0
MoD_RSS UK aid to break down barriers for female entrepreneurs in Africa MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Review finds family ties 'utterly indispensable' to rehabilitation of female offenders MoD News 0
mayabear Formal Interview ; what to wear? (Female) Joining the Royal Navy 8
MoD_RSS News story: Female representation in the City is rising thanks to Treasury Charter MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Nine female innovators receive UK Government funding to develop inventions with global potential MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Defence Secretary and apprentices meet military’s most senior female officer on International Women’s Day MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Women in Innovation: 9 female-led businesses backed MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Landmark review sparks action to boost number of female entrepreneurs MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: RAF Engineer becomes first ever UK female military three-star Commander MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Celebrating the first female president of the APA MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Justice Secretary announces new female offender funding at Women's Aid speech MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Israel AI programme will help female innovators’ ideas succeed MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Funding boost for vulnerable female offenders in the community MoD News 0
soleil Strategy Page: "Female Tars: Women Aboard Ship in the Age of Sail - Suzanne J. Stark" The Book Club 3
MoD_RSS News story: Defence Secretary praises contribution female military personnel make to keeping Britain safe MoD News 2
SA-Sharky Questions for serving female, or husbands with wives in the navy Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 9
MoD_RSS News story: British military chief welcomes largest number of female Afghan officer graduates MoD News 0
McHarp Female submariner entry Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 80
M Female press up standards Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 3
MoD_RSS News story: UK-trained female soldiers to take the fight to Daesh MoD News 1
P 53yo female-= what's the realistic chances of being able to join RFA 7
MoD_RSS News story: Armed Forces Minister praises female cadets on graduation from Afghanistan’s... MoD News 0
M Female fitness standards! Health & Fitness 2
KerryPC24 Female hair regulations Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 2
Bunhead Female Warfare officers (SM)? Submariners 21
Ahoy89 Medical Query *Female Issues!* Health & Fitness 3
Ahoy89 Fitness Test... Female 25yrs? Health & Fitness 12