Oldest female recruit

Discussion in 'Current Affairs' started by Shakey, Jun 22, 2006.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Thought this might be of interest. Makes a change to the usual rubbish I spout hereabouts.

Oldest female recruit

2. Able Seaman Philp passed out as the top recruit for her entry.

How did she pass out as an AB? Good luck to her though.

creakin

3. 4 years to pension - can't be bad :?: :!:
    :lol:

4. Good for her.
    One day the Pusser will realise that there are a lot of older ex matelots who would happily return for a short stint. Seeing as they can't get enough youngsters to join......................... :wink:
    RoofRat

5. I wouldn't mind a short stint - especially somewhere warm with a nice beach and lots of cold beer, .

Not too sure about the fitness test - but then we dusties were always lugging hulking great boxes and things about, we could probably be exempt ?!

A thought though, will she have time to complete a commission ?

6. With a bit of flexibility by Pusser (such as disabled friendly boats) they could raise the age limit to 70. I quite fancy another stint. I would need to do it all again of course as things have changed so completely and I'd definately like to compare 8 weeks at Torpoint with 15 months at Shotley. Of course this has been proposed earlier here. :wink:

7. Good Luck to her, I was in at the wrong time,too old for sea at 40,now she signs on for 22 years making her,58 for pension,anyone still serving at 58? apart from Admirals?

8. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Well, I know it'll cause some wide eyes amongst the older ones (myself included) but the RN ditched the grading of JRs. You are now either an AB or a LH - Second Class and First Class mean nothing now. They even join up with a star on their branch badge!

Anyway, in relation to the thread, good luck to her... mind you, I don't know how, as a 36-year old baby Steward, she'll manage being spoken to like a dogsbody by a snotty 20-year old Subby!!

9. Maybe she can spank his spotty botty for him?

10. Best of luck to her , she can always spill the soup over there heads :p :roll: :lol:

11. This is not a dig, but I reckon she will be out in a couple of years. The sort of shit you put up with in the mob is easier to handle as a sprog but at her age I think it will get old pretty quick (pardon the pun). I'll give her a couple of years maximum.

12. To be fair, there is AB2 and AB1 - AB2 being what the Ordinary Rate used to be.

There was a link on ARRSE about a US Army Reserve Doc deploying again at age 75 - he's already done 3 operational tours since 9/11!

13. I have to amit it was somthing I considered after having my child but a nasty bout of PND and the fact I was kicked out last time put payed to that...........I would have thought!