Old Times

Discussion in 'The Quarterdeck' started by higthepig, Jun 22, 2006.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. How I remember things,courtesy of the BBCVideo - “Brief Journey†- Plymouth 1954
    June 20th, 2006
  2. It didnt work ill try again
  3. Good find!I was just waiting for Sid James and Dicky Attenborough to put an appearance in!
  4. First time I have ever seen HMS on the back of someones cap!.
  5. Old Hand me thinks you are not old enough, it was the fashion in the 30's 40s and 50's to have the cap tally bow just over the left eye. Then add HMS Caistor Castle or what ever the correct name was and the HMS started to appear at the back of your head.

6. Hi Hig,

Great! Interesting to see Plymouth in the mid-50s! I could have sworn that modern architecture was from the 60s. Just goes to show...

Lots more please, especially of the G place, if you have any? Do you anything of G matelots being seasick on board Dittisham? All that training and only then does one learn... uuurgh... :lol: I'll have you're sarnies mate! :lol: :lol: :lol:

7. Like that, cheers!

As it happens I'm off to Raleigh (Plymouth) on Sunday for 2 weeks (for part 2 basic), so I won't be on RR for a bit! :lol:
  8. janner

janner War Hero Book Reviewer

Best of luck to you, keep us informed of your progress, not only for the older members sake, it will be helpful for those thinking of joining
  9. Have a good time Dunkers and as Janner says, keep us informed. I am sure you'll earn yourself a VC on the ? tale in absentia, especially as World War Three has already broken out for our intrepid heros on the Ag. :wink:

Post a pic to Rum Ration if you can.

Yours aye, Nozzy.
  10. All the best dunkers , as they have all said keep us informed :twisted: :roll: :twisted:
  11. Cheers guys I'm sure I'll get lots of dits and pics for you :D