Old Stomping Ground

Discussion in 'Diamond Lil's' started by Stirling, Jul 31, 2011.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. From CA 'good news' thread.

When I last lived on Hull Road the Black Bull was about 50 yds away on the opposite side of the road. It was then a Berni Inn with separate building in the rear as public bar, The Wayfarers
    First time I walked in all conversation stopped, it was the watering hole of the nearby council estate Tang Hall and they did not want strangers in THEIR bar. It was at least a week before anyone spoke to me, apart from the staff. They turned out to be really good lads once they got to know me (I gave it a couple of weeks before I waded into the ladies darts team in case any of them were tied to the regulars) I was there to get shitfaced just like them, fancy dress party for a local lass on her 18th birthday, she had been a regular in the Wayfarers with her mam and dad for a couple of years.

I shaved half the beard off and went as an argumentative bastard on the beard side and plain old me on the other......whaddaya mean they are the same :-D
    Pat in Chefs whites was a steak basher at the Berni Inn and came straight from his shift as er...a Chef, Kev 1 tied some leeks round his waist and donned brother in laws gas board ovies, yep...a gas leak, Kev 2 came as Finknottle. This would be early 80's.
  2. Kev 2 couldn't possibly have come as Finknottle. He's smiling.
  3. Justifiably; after all didn't Finknottle's Outrage Bus pass it's MOT with flying colours that very afternoon?