Old Shipmates - Harry Childs

Discussion in 'Submariners' started by cheddar-caveman, Feb 11, 2008.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I have been contacted directly by Petra, the partner of Harry Childs, so although this is a repeat, maybe new on here may have info. This is a quote from her email:-

"Harry trained as an artificer in Gosport, then went on the happy hermes from 75-78 then he went on the warspite/resolution/conqueror and
    vanguard. He went on to petty officer then left in the rank of a chief, mainly working as electrical engineer/ nuclear operator.
    He was based in faslane and in barrow for most of the time. He served on subs Warspite/resolution/conqueror and vanguard from the late 70's to the early 90's".

So, anybody know of Harry who would be interested in getting in touch? Please get back to me.
  2. C C

Does the lady say why she wants information?

3. Yes. She is his partner of some nine years.
    He had a rough time from his former wife, she scarpered with the kids while he was at sea :crying:
    He is mostly over that now and she wants to give him a good day out, preferably with some of his old ship-mates. All a worthy cause I can assure you.
  4. The lady also emailed me with the same request. I couldnt place Harry, but suggested Barrow Submariners Association.
    geoff(ers) :nemo:
  5. OK. so that's why she emailed me. I am a member of the Barrow Bunch! Any way we could do a search of all the various submarine associations I wonder? On their main website there isn't that facility!