Old RN Vids

Winny

Badgeman
Just thought I'd post some interesting video finds .... maybe a trip down memory lane for some of you!!
Enjoy

Winny

Badgeman
Found this one about a month ago, it's before my time but I remember being in the provost nic at HMS NELSON and the old MAA showing me where it was and spinning some old dits about it .... DQs was eventually closed due to the bad treatment and out dated penal code it practiced ( no talking rule being just one of them !! ) and was moved to MCTC Colchester.

Stirlin

War Hero
Found this one about a month ago, it's before my time but I remember being in the provost nic at HMS NELSON and the old MAA showing me where it was and spinning some old dits about it .... DQs was eventually closed due to the bad treatment and out dated penal code it practiced ( no talking rule being just one of them !! ) and was moved to MCTC Colchester.
WRONG I was in there for 28 days in 74......things had improved to the extent that it was just like being back in training , yes they locked you up at night and it was an early rise , SHORT assault course before breakfast then parade drill , sports , lectures , working in the kitchen. No talking rule was abolished and the scran was bloody good. It was moved to MCTC Colchester to bring all service bad boys under one roof.

Winny

Badgeman
Thanks for the correction. All sounds great but at the end of the day your still locked up in a prison in a cell with no liberty under whatever naval regs you were sentenced for breaking .... glad I never went .

Latest Threads