Old Navy News search...

Discussion in 'RFA' started by Njs71, Jul 3, 2014.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. This is a bit of a long shot but I'm trying to track down an old copy of the Navy News Paper from 1989. Oct, Nov or Dec copies from that year.

I did West Indies Guard ship on HMS Alacrity from August to December 1989 and one of the copies on the dates i have mentioned above has a picture of me in it along with several other members of the ships company on the island of Montserrat. The picture is of us carrying water pipes into the interior of Montserrat after Hurricane Hugo all but destroyed the island.

A long shot but worth asking.

Thanks guys n gals.

2. Try The British Library, they have copies of most things published. I've recently received a copy of a photograph in the South Sea China Post taken at a Government House garden party in March 1953. I was one of the not quite walking wounded invited from RNH Hong Kong . My wife has corrected me It was the South China Morning Post. She's further reminded me the occasion was the Coronation.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 4, 2014

3. I've had a look on there but alas not there. I have an old black n white photocopy of it in my life folder. Would just be nice to have a colour one.
    Cheers for the thought :)

Hadn't thought of contacting them. Thanks for that. I'm going to enquire now I think.

Last edited: Jul 4, 2014