Old man sleeping

Discussion in 'The Gash Barge' started by tiddlyoggy, Oct 28, 2012.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. tiddlyoggy

tiddlyoggy War Hero Book Reviewer

Now, when I was a lad, I remember my old man getting up at daft o'clock every day, even after a night out, and I remember how he used to say that you need less sleep as you get older. I thought it was bollocks at the time and thought that the army had just fucked him up, but now, here I am; wife's been in bed for nearly 2 hours and I'm sat here looking at shit on the 'puter, knowing full well that any attempt to sleep will be a forlorn hope for at least another hour.
    Anyone else have this problem?
  2. Take a wild guess.
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Started to, and was always knackered through the day, I started reading a book that re-introduced me to Yoga breathing and meditation techniques, sounds bollocks I know but it works for me, just need an open mind.
  4. Fixed............
  5. You must be a gutter press reporter, able to turn the most inconspicuous comments into utter gutter level rubbish? Good effort.

Are you implying I am some sort of lazy fat wanker?:cheese::cheese:
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Fuckin guilty conscience, knowing you are not really RR material.
    You secretly dislike Muslims, think gays should be killed at birth, and that "blackies" should keep their place and not gob off.
    This all started when one night when watching Nick Griffin you found yourself saying "you know he's got a point there".
  7. Morning old man who you throwing that one at?
  8. It's just Rummers knocking one out as usual, his deportation order must have come through and he's off to the dark Continent anytime soon :)
  9. Its his version of catapult full of fish food fired into the pond
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Rummers you could always PM angry doc and see if he will give you a personal consultation on how to increase you meds to induce a self-induced coma, or maybe he could send that info to your war office, so she can maintain the dose once you are out for the count, then may be just may be you would not be able to post pejorative comments about all the nice people, well a few specific targets on RR.:laughing7::laughing7::laughing7:^^;
  11. Just used a meditation (repeat meditation) technique on the throne, quick 30 mins power nap, now refreshed and ready to go?
  12. tiddlyoggy

Thinking about it Sumo, you could be on to something here. I remember when I used to do Tae Kwondo we used to do a kind of meditating thing as part of the cool down session it used to make me very sleepy. Might give that a try.
  13. Try Thai Kye with whiskey. It has the same effect.
  14. tiddlyoggy

Sumo, just received the PM, TVM for that I'll look into it. Unfortunately going to sea today so it'll have to wait a few days.
  15. As a member of the retired type, you forget some of us still have to get up in the morning

You are welcome enjoy you’re sea time
  16. Going to sea?
    Fuckin hell that's dangerous.
    Mind you don't slip of the yardarms or rat lines when they order Lee Braces.
    Wear ship can be dodgy as well
  17. tiddlyoggy

Occupational hazard rummers, plays havoc with ones social life!
  18. Just think anther channel night on the way back in??