Ok...who's parked their ship outside?

Discussion in 'Diamond Lil's' started by wet_blobby, Feb 5, 2013.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. wet_blobby

wet_blobby War Hero Moderator

C'mon fess up. I opened the bedroom curtains this morning and fucking Jacks rocked up. Who is it and how much do I owe?

Attached Files:

2. Not one of ours. initially thought it was a Canuck Iriqouis class but the apparent funnels either side of the hanger put paid to that.
  3. wet_blobby

HMNZS Otago has come to town, it's not just the Waitangi day celebrations, she's kicking off the official Terra Nova - Scott 100 celebration that happen here on Saturday.

Attached Files:

4. Looks a little like an OHP could be wrong though
  5. wet_blobby

And........ to add to everyones excitement...here's the watchmans hut (the red sheds) that signalled to the world the fate of Capt Scott RN and his attempt to be the first person to the South pole, apparantly Terra Nova rocked up into Ommers harbour and two naval officers came ashore and broke the news. (The real interesting thing is just to the left out of shot is a nice pub).

Attached Files:

6. Is there a prize? =)

(Better stay clear of the bars; I think they still operate a press gang in Godzone. One of my old RN mates ended up as the Captain of HMNZS Canterbury.)
  7. Ahh, I didn't look for patrol craft just FFs and DDs. Just goes to show that the shot was taken closer than one would have thought.
    I'm sure Norway Chris could have told us all about camera shots and distances and lenses ..... etc .. .snigger