Oh God not again, not today of all days

R.I.P. guys, god bless!

4 UK personnel killed and 3 injured in attack on Iraq boat patrol
12 Nov 06

It is with deep regret that the Ministry of Defence has confirmed that four UK Service personnel have been killed and three have sustained either very serious or serious injuries as a result of an attack on a Multi-National Forces boat patrol.

The attack took place on the Shatt Al-Arab waterway in Basra city at around 1300 local time on Sunday 12 November 2006.

The injured personnel have been medically evacuated to Shaibah Logistics Base by helicopter. No further details will be released until the next of kin have been informed.

Secretary of State for Defence Des Browne said:

"This terrible incident reinforces in our minds the sacrifice made by the brave men and women of our armed forces.

"My thoughts are with the families of the four service personnel so tragically killed today and of those who were wounded. This blow will be felt too by their friends and colleagues across the services, who continue to display the courage and professionalism of which we are rightly proud.

"Today at the Cenotaph and across the country, we remembered those brave souls that have served this nation across the years. That dedication is still evident and the events today in Iraq are a stark reminder of the perils they face."
full story

May our brothers Rest in Peace. We send our most sincere condolences to your immediate family and friends.

Our wishes for a speedy recovery go to those who were injured.

You are all in our thoughts and prayers.

OSD

Two of the lads killed were Royal Marines.

I was worried this might be the case when I heard the news last night. One Marine from 539 Assault Sqn and the other from 45 Cdo on attachement. The other lads were Royal Sigs and Intelligence Corps.

RIP lads - speedy recovery to the injured.

My thoughts go out to all the family and friends of the men, and get well soon the other guys, I hope that they are all back on their feet ASAP.

Is it just me or when you hear something like this, and you have friends out there you feel cold and sick until you hear from them?

The other thing is when you do hear from them you feel relief then almost immediately afterwards guilt because you know someone somewhere hasn't received good news? :(

RM boat group-the empty grots must be the darkest, saddest place, empty of the new life you recently breathed into it.

We have lost family.

For those that go down to the water in small boats.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
The_Caretaker Land Ops 0
J Miscellaneous 0
T Diamond Lil's 7