OH DEAR!

Discussion in 'The Quarterdeck' started by Zoidberg, May 7, 2009.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I just walked out of my job. Not working my notice, came home and booked a ticket to France for next Wednesday to come back on the 27th.

Should I let my AFCO know?

:roll:

Seriously though, I have another job ready to start on the 29th. Do I need to let my AFCO know I've left my job and will be leaving the country?

2. Is there any reason why the man in your AFCO would care?

3. If in doubt oppo, tell them, you don't want any trivia holding you up. They'll tell you if you're being bone.

4. Fair one. Shall ring them in the morning.

5. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

So is this gonna be a pattern when you are doing a job that becomes unpleasant? If so, I look forward to writing out a Warrant for Arrest for you when things get too difficult and you decide to 'go for a wander...' :shock: :wink:

6. Nah, I can handle unpleasant jobs, unfair jobs, shit bosses and a whole host of other things. There's just something about 18 hour days, 6 days a week that I don't like when I have more important things to focus on.

7. Start writing that warrant now then SGTP

8. sgtpepperband

I've self-carbonated a few copies, with the dates left blank - I doubt it'll be a one-off... :wink:

9. :roll:

THe "more important things" primarily being the RN selection. If I'm working so much I can't work on my fitness then...well...I'm scuppered.

10. sgtpepperband

Dr. Z: Then how do you think the rest of us manage to train, who regularly work 18-hour days and six-day weeks?! The grass isn't always greener on the other side, believe me... :oops:

11. Do the 18 hour days often fall in the 6 day weeks?

TO be honest, I just hate the job and the people I work with. I get more stick than anyone else. At least at Raleigh/Sultan, 90% of us will be in the same boat.

12. Fcuks sake you [email protected], give the lad a break, he was holding down a sh1t job, at minimum wage working ridiculous hours, most lads his age wouldn't even consider doing that. He's working hard to get in the mob and you're giving him grief?

Stow your t1ts.

13. sgtpepperband

MLP: Jeez, grow up and chill out! When you gob off and someone disagrees with your post, you enter into a tirade of abuse. My POV - implying that things aren't likely to be much different in the RN as they were in his old job - still stands.

Anyway, aren't you too busy floating in the Thames to be posting on RR today?! :shock: :wink:

14. Reggies working 18 hour days :oops:
    How many are dropping in the sh1t at your place sgtP? :p
    Six day weeks, is that missmusters for the Captains table? Pleased I'm out :p

15. No, I'm sticking up for someone who has left a job where he was ill-treated and got himself another one when he could easily sit on his arse, and then you tell him that he's a quitter and that attitude won't get him far in the mob. You could easily be percieved that way yourself when things "didn't go your way" and you re-catted crusher.

And no, I'm not on the Thames, I'm a looooong way from it.

16. And he got hit on the head with a wooden spoon!

17. sgtpepperband

MLP: You seem to have taken this far too seriously... but trying not to repeat myself, I was trying to show him that working similar conditions is not uncommon in the RN. Someone of your experience would surely appreciate that. :?

As for my own job, I transferred at a disadvantage, resulting in a temporary reduction in seniority and pay. Things were going my way - I could've been very senior in my old branch, had I stayed there - but I changed branches through choice, looking for a new and satisfying challenge. And have never regretted it! My comments about working hours/conditions were reflective of the Fleet as a whole, not specific to my own circumstances.

Anyway, wherever you are tonight, have a tin and reflect on times in your own career when things did not "go your own way", and what you did to resolve matters... enjoy! :thumright:

18. I'm sure that working similar conditions is not uncommon. However, I'd like to think that it's the exception rather than the rule.

19. Not going to drag this on as I simply can't be arsed but it was this comment:

Which is unreasonable, not your comparison to working long hours etc which is quite correct. The details of his "unpleasant" job were discussed recently and he did well to put up with it as long as he did. That he didn't just fcuk it off and loaf prior to pitching up at Raleigh suggests he will be an asset to the mob not what you are alluding to.

And I never get abusive unless I think someone is a cnut. You cnut.

20. sgtpepperband

Thanks, MLP. I wear that badge with honour... :bootyshake: