Oh dear - Phil's got his medals wrong

McGrew

Midshipman
Was slightly disturbed to see this

https://www.royalnavy.mod.uk/our-organisation/senior-naval-staff/first-sea-lord

Is it me or has our Phil got his Corporate medal the wrong way round - I thought that Betty's head forward was the way to wear them. I hope that I am wrong since it shows a remarkable lack of observation by 1SL himself, his valet, the photographer and the web proofer.

Answers on a postcard please.

Just in case the photoshop gets to it I have posted the picture below:

Attachments

Ninja_Stoker

War Hero
Tsk. Obvious innit?

The original phot had Jonah on the left but to get the text in, they've turned the picture around. The other medals were swivel mounted and facing the wrong way.

Disturbed? You big snowflake, get to your safe space.

Cheap shot, as dapperdunn says, it got twisted.

At least he hasn't compounded the 'offence' by wearing a hanky in his breast pocket.
The hanky should obviously be kept in the cuff of the sleeve....;)

Ninja_Stoker

War Hero
Joined up, served the Queen (for 22yrs) in both Falklands and Gulf 91, still have regulation length even after being a civvy for 20yrs.
Yeah, me too, more or less. Then again, I'm still subject to dress regs, I guess.

In this age of equality however, I think it is difficult to justify gender-specific or other trivial rules. I'd sooner recruit a person with long hair, ear studs & facial tattoos based on merit and ability.

As long as they can do the job, far rather that than leave gapped billets on warships.