Oh dear - not again

Discussion in 'The Quarterdeck' started by NotmeChief, Sep 9, 2008.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. He He

Final result:

R FEDERER (Swi) bt A MURRAY (GB)

6-2 7-5 6-2

He's looking his usual happy self, I wonder why.
  2. Well it was a good run, he beat the world No 1 for the first time in his career, and if he builds on what he learned in the final, one day he could win a slam.
  3. Smile beardy.

Is that British tennis player Andy Murray?
    NO, IT'S NOT - he's blatantly Scottish. I, therefore, am going to be blatantly English.

Sod his luck.
  4. Well I think he did really well to get that far.
    Dragging that bottom lip around the court would be a disadvantage to ANY player!

(I don't mean it, of course!)
  5. I'm normally quite supportive of all non-English UK sportsmen/women/teams...

...but that miserable England-hating cnut can shove his racket up his kilt...sideways
  6. Nice relaxing break obviously Ballistic :thumright:
  7. I'm with Ballistic on this One.......
  8. The Brits have been doing pretty good lately, Olympics, club football and now Andy's done us proud in tennis. He may be a grumpy git but he is still the best in Britain by a couple of miles.
  9. Hear Hear!
  10. Since when has Britain got to be proud of the Olympics ?

It us poor London taxpayers paying for it ...... :(
  11. I beg your pardon?
    Since when are London Tax Payers footing the entire bill?
    I am sure that I will be paying what some faceless git deems to be my "Fair Share" even though I have no intention whatsoever of going there to see the desecration of the London that I grew up in.
  12. Having gone to school in Dunblane it was great to see the wee place on SKY Sports and the BBC news supporting their local boy. A place that deserves it after what happened there. Never thought I would see a pub (The Dunblane Hotel) that we used to try and sneak into underage on the national news.

Best thing for the future was him looking well and truly f*cked off at being second ! his face tripping him (ops normal admittedly!) and envious eyes glaring at the trophy Federer was holding, good to see him truly annoyed with finishing second at such a pestigious event, he obviously wanted it badly. He has the consolation of having scudded the world number one the day before.

Good on you Andy and good on you Dunblane
  13. Red Ken in his wisdom, and very ably supported by the current mob in power, levied an Olympic Precept 'contribution' on all London taxpayers - no other areas of the country are involved that I am aware of.
    Other money is coming from the Lootery Fund (mis-spelling intended) .
    For the last years of his tenure, the Olympic tax - for that is what it is - has been increased, but I don't think you'll find it has been levied on your council tax bill where you live - unless your contribution is through the buying lottery tickets perhaps ?
    But, at the end of the day, whenever it is finished (if) being paid for (and Montreal is still paying !!) the whole of Britain will be getting the benefits if there are any left .... after the Government grabs its share (and you can bet your bottom dollar that Nu Liebour has put rules in place for the Treasury to get imore than its share) and the sponsors get their share.

Are you a dwarf Lamri ?? --- Cos you really are Grumpy lately .... :p

14. London tax payers should pay a levy. They are going to get the majority of the benefits arent they!
  15. I'm not grumpy mate, just fed up with a certain walt feckwit, thats all :)

I didn't know that it WAS only London Taxpayers plus Lootery footing the bill.
    Thing is, when the cost shoots up, so will the "inclusion zone" for those paying ;)
  16. I didn't realise it was only going to be the London Taxpayers footing the bill! That’s really good news for the rest of us particularly when they reveal the true costs.

Anyone care to guess how long it will take before the Olympic site falls into disrepair through lack of use and care.

17. janner

janner War Hero Book Reviewer

Thats if its ever built in time of course!
  18. God damn him to hell.

19. After all he did for you?

Dying on the cross and all that...
  20. Regretably that is not quite the case, money has been removed from many of the organisations developing our sportsmen to pay for Red Kens shiny Olypic Buildings, it is a shame that as it presently stands we are unlikely to have the athletes to perform there as their funding has paid for the buildings, which of course the good citizens of London will benefit from.