Official! - Pompey birds are the fattest munters in the land

Discussion in 'Current Affairs' started by Oil_Slick, Apr 8, 2009.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Half of women have 'muffin top' waistlines

Half of Britain's women have developed "muffin tops" - unsightly rolls of fat which bulge over their waistbands, according to research.

By Ben Leach
    Last Updated: 12:32PM BST 08 Apr 2009

The survey of 2,000 women also revealed differences in the size of women's waists across the country.

In Portsmouth almost 30 per cent of women have a waist circumference of more than 38 inches - a higher percentage than anywhere else in the country.

In Sheffield more than 65 per cent of women have a waist size of more than 32 inches - the highest percentage in the UK.
    Nearly a third of the women who responded to the survey said their muffin top is the part of their body they would most like to change.
    The study also found that after Sheffield, the city with the largest proportion of women with waists of over 32 inches was Norwich (63 per cent).

This was followed by Belfast (61.35 per cent), Liverpool (60.54 per cent) Edinburgh (60 per cent).
    After Portsmouth the city with the largest proportion of women with waists of over 38 inches was Glasgow (27.2 per cent).
    This was followed by Cardiff (23.18 per cent), Swansea (23.07 per cent) and Norwich (21.92 per cent).
    The "Waist Lines" report was compiled by weight management supplement LIPObind.
    Previous research has shown people who carry an extra four inches of fat around their waists are more likely to suffer heart problems, even if they are the right weight for their height.
    The study found that women carrying the extra weight around their stomachs were 15 per cent more likely to develop heart failure.
    However, men were slightly worse off, being 16 per cent more likely to develop the life-threatening condition if they had a pot belly.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/health/w...Half-of-women-have-muffin-top-waistlines.html

2. witsend

witsend War Hero Book Reviewer

3. witsend

witsend War Hero Book Reviewer

4. "....said their muffin top is the part of their body they would most like to change."

Well stop fcuking eating so much crap then. It ain't rocket science you thick twats.

My chest size is between 38 - 40 inches and I'm fit. To have a waist that size must take some dedication to get that fat.
    Pompey girls, are now fat as well as ugly. Well who would have thought.

5. A city full of Big Sylv's ? Scary !!!

6. Re: Official! - Pompey birds are the fattest munters in the

They will be now the yanks are in :D

7. Re: Official! - Pompey birds are the fattest munters in the

Does that excess blubber go with the earrings the size of a cartwheel, the foul mouths, ski pants and high heels?

8. Re: Official! - Pompey birds are the fattest munters in the

Take a trip on the Pride of Bilbao when the Pompey girls are doing a fag run and you'll reckon the survey underestimated by a long chalk the scale of the problem.
    Either that or they are so thin and emaciated by the drink and the fags that they look 30 years older than they are.

9. Fat trouts need luvin' too. :D
    Hands up who hasn't woken up next to something they'd rather forget!! :oops:

10. Re: Official! - Pompey birds are the fattest munters in the

I would think personal hygiene is a major problem for the fat twats. :tongue3:

11. tiddlyoggy

tiddlyoggy War Hero Book Reviewer

Re: Official! - Pompey birds are the fattest munters in the

Finks,
    Aren't you a submariner? If so, what do you know or care about personal hygiene? :wink:

12. Finally the rest of the country realises why the sensible amongst us were Guzz rates. Every matelot is Guzz rate at heart just some of us could afford it.

13. Re: Official! - Pompey birds are the fattest munters in the

A bird I knew in Gosport had the worst of both worlds, born in Guz,
    Swilly no less, and brought up in Gosport. She was big. When I first
    saw her in the local pub I thought she was a retaining wall. You've heard of Twiggy, this was Trunky. No diet ever worked, it was the genes you know. Her job was a 5 minute walk from Pompey harbour station and she lived a 5 minute walk from the Gosport side of the ferry. Did she walk to work and get the ferry or pay someone to give her a lift from her front door to her work via the A82, the M27, M271 adding 2 hours onto her journey everday and 2lbs daily onto her straining frame - what do you think?!! Still nearly gave her one once......... :roll:

And she introduced me to her best mate AKA 'The Whore Of Babylon' who I made the mistake of shacking up with briefly. She was only unfaithful to me once, with HMS Sultan!

Pompey birds are ace. Couldn't get my leg over as a spotty youth in Stirlingshire, joined the RN and suddenly found openings all over the Hampshire area....... :lol:

Must be a special type of woman who evolves roundabout Naval bases, take away the accent and they're the same wether its Rosyth, the Dumbarton debs, Guz or Pompey, good on you girls!!!!

14. Bargepoles springs to mine as well as I would not touch them with yours hardless mine but having said that standards do drop after a glass or 12 of grog then comes the remorse when you wake up next to some wolverine and attempt to exit the premises before it wakes up.

15. Can't remember.
    What was the question?

16. Re: Official! - Pompey birds are the fattest munters in the

Yea but, no but, yea but, no but...its cause our glands are greedy bastards!

17. Funny things is though, as the saying goes, I may have woken up next to one or two, but I've never been to bed with one :drunken:

18. Re: Official! - Pompey birds are the fattest munters in the

Whose calling me a muffin? o_O

I just can't understand it? All those lovely sailors in Pompey and you prefer Mrs Blobby! :biggrin:

Pass me a sailor someone :roll:

19. I don't remember my first girlfriends name,but I do remember "Big Sylv".Says something doesn't it.

20. Proof (if proof were needed) that spunk is fattening.