Official Announcements

Discussion in 'Royal Naval Reserve (RNR)' started by Reservist-Monkey, Jan 29, 2007.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Post any official announcements in here, preferably with the reference confirming the information.

M(R)

2. I officially announce that M (R) is an arse!!!!

Reference: 2SL ( confirmed by all his friends )

3. :lol: :lol: :lol:

4. I have no friends. This thread is not for abuse, besides, firstly that's not news and secondly 2SL didn't say it, it was FLEET.

Feel free to abuse me in the main threads though.

5. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

"D'ya hear there. Due to lack of interest tomorrow has been cancelled!"

"D'ya hear there. Joking Restrictions. No laughing, joking or smirking, 2 Deck and below, disembarking morale!"

:wink:

6. FlagWagger

FlagWagger Book Reviewer

"Leave. Leave your 8s on, the Burma Way requires deep cleaning before anyone steps ashore".

:wink:

7. Why does Burma way ring a bell to me?

8. Being announced at the moment in parliament:
    The Comprehensive Spending Review has been agreed and a brief summary announced in Parliament by SofS.

The DEL will be:

08/09 34bn

09/10 35.3bn

10/11 36.9bn

(not including ops or defence modernisation fund).

SofS has also announced the agreement to build the two new carriers, Queen Elizabeth and the Prince of Wales, which will enter service in 2014 and 2016.

All three naval bases will be retained, albeit with some reductions to personnel.

A priority in the CSR period will be the improvement of accommodation for Service personnel.

9. "All three naval bases will be retained, albeit with some reductions to personnel."

I'm only 5 feet 10 inches tall - just how much EXACTLY do they intend to reduce me by?

10. "All those who wish to do so, and have not done so, may do so now and for the next five minutes"