Officers' Rank Lace - London

Can anyone recommend somewhere in London able to stripe up Officers uniforms.

I am looking for something closer to the Uniforium quote of £45.

Rather than the Gieves quote of £170+

Seadog

War Hero
For Admiral of the Fleet lace and sewing £170 is a bargain. Assuming you are a Sub Lieutenant, that's steep but that's Gieves.

Go to Waterloo and get on a train to Pompey.

Purple_twiglet

War Hero
You could try PJHQ - they have a tailor (Gary Beverly?) who comes in regularly and he can probably do it.

Question is, by the time you've made two trips to Portsmouth, will it be cheaper than just paying G&H in the first place?

Seadog

War Hero
London to Pompey postage: £5

I sent my mess jacket from Shrivenham to get laced at Baun. I wouldn't buy kit from them but their lacework is fine. They added a few quid to the bill for posting it back.

Seadog

War Hero
I wouldn't call any of the Command and Staff Courses cushty. Life as DS less so, they tell me.

But I loved it. Education not training.

Gieves uniform and lacing is an investment. An excellent place to network and give a good impression to those above. Even middies should consider building relationships with staff there. A Gieves uniform always fits better and stands you out from the crowd.

jrwlynch

Lantern Swinger
Gieves uniform and lacing is an investment. An excellent place to network and give a good impression to those above. Even middies should consider building relationships with staff there. A Gieves uniform always fits better and stands you out from the crowd.
When Mark Stanhope was 1SL, he allegedly (according to their tailor visiting Collingwood, anyway) got his #1s from Turner Virr: since they had the BRNC contract, if they were good enough for the cadets they were good enough for the boss.

I got my cap from Gieves, my 1s from Turner Virr and the rest of my kit is all pussers' issue - I went through the "ally kit" routine in the TA in the 1980s and all the stuff we bought ourselves then is standard issue now anyway...

Are you in the Modern RN?
You sound more like a precocious social climber from the 60s
Steward load up my Purdeys.

I guess needing to stand out from the rest with your uniform was a reflection on the fact you didn't stand out from the rest with the quality of your work, all your posts now start to make sense.

I am not Norman and I am neither son (nor indeed daughter) of Norman. I am keeping the money. Thank you.
Who is Brittania?
He is neither Norman or Son of Norman, he is not even the Pimpernell.
Investigate his existance in the new thread coming to a site not to far from you soon