Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by Griffin_6086, Dec 6, 2010.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hey, can anyone tell me the entire process of becoming an officer please? i know the basis but not much :p
  2. First process is to use the search button on here and dah dah you will have all the information you require
  3. You first have an operation to remove your backbone and then go to the AFCO and they will tell you. Simples :lol:
  4. Ok thanks. Sorry, only new.
  5. wow stoppppppp

didn't mean to say that

senior moment
  6. All these can be found in FAQ in the sticky section of newbies (blame Jonno Jonno for the sticky part)

All guides written by Ninja and Super Mario who work in AFCO's

AFCO selection interview (not sure if relevent for officers)

I am sure someone who is a recruiter or an officer will post some more in deph details for you shortly.
  7. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Blimey! The t'interwebs is only so big, you know... 8O :roll:
  8. Careful, Merlin - Not too much all at once, eh?

9. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

Welcome to the site.

It's appreciated that it is difficult to access the official website due to it being offline for 4 weeks.

A brief precis is as follows:

Either call into your AFCO or ring 08456 07 55 55 to confirm eligibility with regard age, academic requirements, nationality, residency, financial status, police record, etc.

Complete an application form to sit the recruiting test (RT). Pass recruiting test.

RT guidance:

Complete an eyetest. Undergo medical examination.

Medical Guidance:

Once medical passed, take Pre Joining Fitness Test (PJFT):

Take Sift interview: Generic interview advice:

Attend Flying Aptitute Test (FATs) - Aircrew Only:

Attend Admiralty Interview Board (AIB):

If passed at a level high enough to merit selection, entry dates are allocated for entry in Jan, April & September.
  10. Are we sitting comfortably children? Then I'll begin.

Firstly a man and a woman, who love each other deeply of course, turn the lights out and go to bed. Several minutes later a proto young Gentleman or Lady is conceived and after 9 months a sprog is born.
    For the next few years the baby Officer to be does little but eat, burp, pee, poo, cry, sleep and receive ohs and ahs from all and sundry.
    Then at 5 years of age the road to Officerdom begins when Mummy drops the young thruster to be off to school never to be seen or heard from apart from holidays and changes of school, until 16 with succesful exam results in hand and a place in 6th Form secured.
    After a pat or two on the head and if money's no issue a new Mini, the hard work begins with studying for the nescessary qualifications for either a place at University or a direct entry to the RN, here's where you come in.... :arrow:

.... go to an AFCO and ask.
  11. I don't get it because you picture is just a red cross on my computer. I am sure it's very funny though, honest :wink:
  12. Blackrat

Blackrat War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Delegate, stab, lie, cheat, tuck up and cry. That's what i did.

You did mean "basics" didn't you old fruit?
  13. Don't forget learning useless management phrases "now lets all think outside the box" "we need a proactive approach to streamline our decision processes" etc
  14. Blackrat

Blackrat War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

I don't need to do that. That's what Sergeant Majors are for.
  15. That hasn't worked either "The website declined to show this webpage" was the error I got
  16. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Mistake No. 1: You're assuming occifers have parents?! :? :wink:
  17. Oh they have parents alright, but their state of wedlock could be called into question in many cases. :wink: