Officer Terms of Service

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by yossarianlives, Apr 16, 2012.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Okay, so I've searched and searched for days, and I can't find anything at Officer's Terms of Service anywhere for my SIFT. I can find Ratings' Terms of Service easily, but not for Officers.

I've tried contacting my ACLO to no avail (maybe because it was Easter...?), so I was wondering if any of you would be able to point me in the right direction? I'm not sure what I need to know with such a broad term, too...

Any help would be appreciated! :)

2. ....................................................................................................................................................................................................BR3...................

Last edited: Apr 16, 2012
  3. Sorry, I tried looking for a document I found (after loooong hours of searching) which outlined an Officer's duties, went into all the career lengths etc...... but can't find it.

What I would say is get an idea for the training pipeline for your branch, and know that an initial commission (IC) is 12years (this is what most people enter on) and that you must have [2/3years I believe] service after training to pay off the MoD's investment put towards you already. I also think there is a minimum 5yrs service before you may leave if you don't pull out before completing training.... And as far as i'm aware this is enough information for your SIFT (was a bit more than what I went in with!).

4. Thanks SEP86 -- that's exactly what I was thinking of. That link works fine for me, just need to click on "Enter Book" on that front page.