Officer Role Popularity

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by Salmon951753, Dec 30, 2012.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Which officer roles require highest/lowest pass marks at AIB and which roles tend to be the most popular

2. wave_dodger

wave_dodger War Hero Book Reviewer

RM and Logs highest normally. Define popular?

3. Your going to have to define popular. Popular with the rest of the crew, women, new entrants, future employers ect ect

4. The mute ones that stay locked in their cabins all day.

5. Most seem to get very low marks when it comes to the 'Common Sense' section!

6. Fixed it. .

• Like Like x 1
  7. "Popular" in this case meaning number of potential officers for each place at Britannia (sorry should have specified)

8. wave_dodger

At the moment I believe (and I'm certain I'll be corrected), Logs tends to be oversubscribed, with Warfare a close second, Engineers we can't tempt even with golden handshakes.

9. Are you interested in applying to become an Officer yourself, Salmon, hence the question?

10. Yes (warfare) the question was just out of curiosity

11. How far have you progressed with your application?

12. so far virtually nothing I have only recently changed career choice from the army however I am going to officially start when careers office opens in new year

13. brilliant thanks for that

14. This might be a bit of an impossible question to answer but do you know how do the psychometric tests on AIB compare to the army's AOSB?

15. Seadog

Seadog War Hero Moderator

Alas the old chestnut : "occifers" ( serving and candidates) are thick but ratings; junior, senior serving and former are magnificent heirs to Corbett seems to be gaining traction in this thread.

Spare us the clichés. Then fcuk off.

• Like Like x 1
  16. wave_dodger

Ah, we all know there is good and bad in equal measure on both the lower and upper deck. Baby YOs are in the perfect position to be sniped at but that's what they (we) all wanted and we took it as it flew in (thick and fast), I have no doubt AB/LH get the same.

Many JR and SRs who I valued and trusted over the years (who I believed would make great Officers) have confided they didn't want to Commission, for a variety of reasons, and that's fair enough - we all play a part.

Happy New Year OP, hope it goes well for you.

17. tiddlyoggy

tiddlyoggy War Hero Book Reviewer

I've always found the officers who lash up the CPO's mess to be very popular.