Officer requirements

So my son has been told he now needs a GCSE at B in English despite starting the recruitment process some time ago it looks like he 4 al - levels and Master degree in Nuclear and Chemical engineering isn't good enough

Waspie

War Hero
Resit GCSE English again. Not an insurmountable problem. With a Masters in Nuclear and Chemical Engineering a little GCSE should be able to be cracked out in weeks with a modicum of application.

Good luck but as @RabC says, the forces work to rules!!

It wouldn't have been so bad if CAPITA hadn't lost sorry misplaced his first application at that point a C grade was acceptable , also if he had of known he would have spent time at URNU pretending to be officer we he could have been getting his GCSE sorted, at the moment he`s seen his arse so persuading hime to do a GCSE will need beer and bribery !!

Waspie

War Hero
It wouldn't have been so bad if CAPITA hadn't lost sorry misplaced his first application at that point a C grade was acceptable , also if he had of known he would have spent time at URNU pretending to be officer we he could have been getting his GCSE sorted, at the moment he`s seen his arse so persuading hime to do a GCSE will need beer and bribery !!
A good starting point with any negotiation.
I'm sure there must be a quick path to the qualification needed.
Good luck, be a shame to have one's hopes dashed just for the sake of one little certificate!!!

crash_evans

War Hero
I should have been at home now. As it turns out, I’ve spent 8 months of the last 9 away on OPS with no time off on patrols. That’s the rules.

Bribery shouldn’t be required. If son wants it, being bribed from his rents as a potential officer isn’t giving me a warm fuzzy feeling.

Life sucks, people are dying in the thousand daily. Re sit and exam. Done.

The two P’s come in handy these days - perspective and pragmatism.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk