Officer Recruiting Test....?

#1
Hi there

I'm new on here so hi!

is there anything i should know about my Recruiting Test? what should i take with me? do i need to prepare anything?

any advice would be much appriciated

thanks!
 

Ninja_Stoker

War Hero
Moderator
#2
Hi Nykie, welcome.

The initial recruiting test for officers is the same as that for ratings- you can obtain a copy of the Practice Test Booklet from your nearest AFCO to give you a good insight og what to expect. For Officer you need to concentrate on the English & Numeracy sections and need to aim to pass with in excess of 2/3rds of each section correctly answered.

The advice is practice psychometric test exercises against the clock beforehand as time is tight.

You should recieve a letter advising you what documentation to bring to the test.

Good luck
 
#4
i did the RT this week & im pleased to say i passed. if you got the UCAS points it shouldnt be a hassle, but still, dont go into the test room with that attitude, as you'll get complacent, and drop valuable marks. my best piece of advice would be to use the brain training game if you have one, or you can find a good book for a reasonable price packed full of tests in most WHSmith stores.
 

Ninja_Stoker

War Hero
Moderator
#5
dave_88 said:
... if you got the UCAS points it shouldnt be a hassle, but still, dont go into the test room with that attitude, as you'll get complacent, and drop valuable marks.
Spot on.

It is not unheard of for people with 10 GCSE's (graded above C) to fail the recruiting test for any trade as a rating.

Unbelievably, I've actually seen someone with a BSc (Hons) Engineering degree fail to meet the basic literacy & numeracy grades, although, that was one out of more than a thousand tested, admittedly.
 
#6
dave_88 said:
i did the RT this week & im pleased to say i passed. if you got the UCAS points it shouldnt be a hassle, but still, dont go into the test room with that attitude, as you'll get complacent, and drop valuable marks. my best piece of advice would be to use the brain training game if you have one, or you can find a good book for a reasonable price packed full of tests in most WHSmith stores.
so is the RT just a common knowledge test to see if you have half a brain? or are the test questions a little more technical?
 

Kyle.L.19

Lantern Swinger
#7
Hey nyk

I got me test booked for the 28th, this monday.

Basically they see where your strengths and weakness's, then from these, they open up roles and career's which you will be most suitable for. For instance, if you got a low mark in numeracy, i doubt you will be able to do any roles that would be mathematical based, same goes for mechanical and reasoning.

I bought the how to master PSYCHOMETRIC TESTS by Mark Parkinson from WHSmtih, tells you everything you need to know.

Anyways good luck :)
 

Ninja_Stoker

War Hero
Moderator
#8
nykie said:
...so is the RT just a common knowledge test to see if you have half a brain? or are the test questions a little more technical?
The Recruiting Test (RT) is a psychometric test to guage the individuals intellectual ability to successfully complete trade training.

The RT is in 4 Parts:
Part 1 - Reasoning.
Part 2 - Literacy.
Part 3 - Numeracy.
Part 4 - Mechanical Comprehension.

All four parts of the RT are timed separately. The RT will indicate likelihood of success in training. All four parts must be taken consecutively at the same sitting. The taking of only one, two or three parts of the Recruiting Test is not permitted.

Again, you will be sent a practice test booklet beforehand.
 
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
J The Quarterdeck 8
M History 3
redshank The Corps 10

Similar threads

Latest Threads