Officer qualifications

rico12

Hi,

Ive been having a mini panic attack regarding the RM officer educational requirements. I've just come to the realisation that I only have a C in GCSE English Language. I am of the understanding, that on the RM website the requirement states a B is needed in English (Not specifying whether it is English language or English literature). I am a current masters student who already has a 1st class honours degree, so Is this something I need to worry about? Is English literature acceptable given they haven't specified, or will I need English language?

Thanks for any clarification.

Perry

Lantern Swinger
I should think its English language, the forces want you to communicate not necessarily read a book although sometimes that may also be required.

What’s your 1st class honours degree in? Only asking as media studies may not crack it.

rico12

I should think its English language, the forces want you to communicate not necessarily read a book although sometimes that may also be required.

What’s your 1st class honours degree in? Only asking as media studies may not crack it.
Its in business management, not the best, but arguably demonstrates a decent level of English language based on the course content, and assessment methods (Lots of presentations, group work etc). I have a feeling that the degree doesn't matter though. Are you aware if the choice of degree has any bearing of if the B grade in English Lan is needed?

I have also heard that a key skills GCSE equivalent is a qualification potentially used in lieu of English Lan.

Ultimately, I am guessing that my best bet is to apply and see what they say. The thought of being delayed another year and looking at the 2023 YO intake is gut wrenching though to be honest..... over a GCSE.