Officer in the RMR

Discussion in 'RMR' started by Dok96, Aug 15, 2016.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hello,

Is it possible to become a officer in the RMR as a troop commander. From what I gather online is that I can apply to become a officer after phase 1.

Thank You.
  2. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

RMR Officers, unless transferred from the regular service, would normally be employed in a G4 (support) role such at MTO, AO, TO etc. They would not expect to be operationally deployed as a Troop Commander although they could temporarily fulfil the role as a Battle Casualty Replacement, I guess, at a push, if already in theatre.
  3. What does it mean to be a G4 (Support) role and what does MTO, AO,TO mean. What would officer in the RMR typically be doing in their role compared to a regular officer on daily basis.

Thanks for the reply.
  4. Ninja_Stoker

MTO= Motor Transport Officer
    AO = Administration Officer
    TO = Training Officer.

RM & RMR Officers undertake similar administrative roles regarding planning and training their men (soon to include women), their leave, welfare, exercises, logistic requirements, etc.
  5. Is it possible being a RMR officer to be able to join the SBS or SAS or UKSF as a officer in the reserve. I understand I'll need to actually complete the training course of the RMR and have 2 years of service.

Thanks for the reply.
  6. Ninja_Stoker

Yep, UKSF(R) is open to officers. Tasking is not the same as their regular service counterparts so far as I'm aware.