Officer in the RMR scc then onto regular RM Officer

Discussion in 'SCC and URNU' started by philpott, May 20, 2008.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Im a cadet sergeant in Jersey and I am soon going on my OSB and being promoted to 2nd Lieutenant (scc) RMR when I am 18 very shortly.

I am wanting to join the regular RM as an officer and have already applied, they do not yet no of thuis, but do you think this will be to my advantage?

any comments, please let me know

cheers guys
  2. If you are wishing to join the RM as an Officer, you will still need to attend the Potential Royal Marines Officer's Course, and the Admiralty Interview Board.

As to whether or not it will be an advantage, the knowledge you will have gained through the Cadets about the Marines will be a massive advantage in the Service Knowledge Test, and the organisational skills you will hopefully acquire in being a Cadet Officer will put you in a good position for your AIB Interview and Potential Leadership Tasks.

All the best!
  3. yeah, thanks for that mate, i hope so, just see wat happens
  4. Since it's a change to the information in your application it would be useful information, but I'm not convinced you can change the forms once they're in. Since you'll be going through a number of interviews it's the kind of thing to raise in one of them when the opportunity comes up.