Officer Experience

RAM28

Midshipman
As an 18 year old leaving school what's the chances of passing the sift interview and furthermore AIB when the only leadership experience I've had is leading sports teams and a charity event?
Thanks in advance for any input I'm just worries my chances don't seem too great from here on after passing the rt, medical and pjft.

As an 18 year old leaving school what's the chances of passing the sift interview and furthermore AIB when the only leadership experience I've had is leading sports teams and a charity event?
Thanks in advance for any input I'm just worries my chances don't seem too great from here on after passing the rt, medical and pjft.
Any leadership experience is a bonus, go for it with your head up and eyes wide open, show them the potential, even though you lack what you perceive to be enough experience.

I passed the AIB at 16.5 years old and, really, only my leadership experience from the Air Training Corps to call upon. I think it's more a matter of how you present the experience you have and how you might apply that to differing scenarios. If they wanted proper experience of life they'd only interview those who are older and have enough years under their belt to draw upon war stories and how they saved the world. More important for you is to develop the experience you do have and explain the what, how and why and anything you'd change in the future.

I passed the AIB at 16.5 years old and, really, only my leadership experience from the Air Training Corps to call upon. I think it's more a matter of how you present the experience you have and how you might apply that to differing scenarios. If they wanted proper experience of life they'd only interview those who are older and have enough years under their belt to draw upon war stories and how they saved the world. More important for you is to develop the experience you do have and explain the what, how and why and anything you'd change in the future.
Does he miss out the bit, I want to drive fast cars, chase fast women, and fly fighter jets at this stage?