Can anybody tell me the main duties of an Officer to include their responsibilities? Or direct me somewhere I can read more on this? (not including specific roles e.g warfare, logistics etc.)

I have found a lot of information on the roles of a Divisional Officer but can't find much else with regards to Officer of the Day duties and any other roles?

Points, hoist in the undeniable truth that a Naval Officer's life is all about gaining 'em in every situation,

Buy your sword from Geives well in advance of BRNC. After sharpening and giving it a good polish practice prodding the common sailorman in a threatening manner like every good DO.

Each Sword comes with a Free Wardroom Phrase Book, Janner has revealed Page One Number One.

Other examples include:
"What seems to be the trouble, Chief?"
Followed by "...and how long will it take to fix?

Armed with the Chief's estimate, double that time and report it to the Captain.

When Chief (always address them as 'Chiefy', they thrive on faux informality) fixes the snag in half the time you'd reported cut along to Captain and breathlessly report "Issue solved, Sir!"

Result? - Captain impressed and Points gained.

Beware of the dreaded SLJs, these gain nil points!! Someone else might kindly explain them & how to slope shoulders as they arise...

Other examples include:
"What seems to be the trouble, Chief?"
Followed by "...and how long will it take to fix?

Armed with the Chief's estimate, double that time and report it to the Captain.

When Chief (always address them as 'Chiefy', they thrive on faux informality) fixes the snag in half the time you'd reported cut along to Captain and breathlessly report "Issue solved, Sir!"
Another great one to try (if you are a WEO or maybe even an MEO) is to ask in a clear and confident voice 'Chief, do you have a screwdriver I could borrow?'

The Chief may go directly to his toolbox and get one for you, but on no account hold your breath.
At various times I had a real Pusser's screwdriver with the tip ground off - officers for the use of. And a plastic screwdriver as stolen from a children's toolbox - officers for the use of.

Re 'and how long will it take to fix?' I had an old and bold Chief when I was a killick on the 992 section. When asked the question, he would reach behind the office door and bring out a beautiful 'magic wand', shiny copper handled and a large brass star, which he would silently wave at the 992 cab.

Can anybody tell me the main duties of an Officer to include their responsibilities? Or direct me somewhere I can read more on this? (not including specific roles e.g warfare, logistics etc.)

I have found a lot of information on the roles of a Divisional Officer but can't find much else with regards to Officer of the Day duties and any other roles?
Firstly to be a Good Divisional Officer to the people who's welfare and career prospects are in your hands.

The only tool any officer needs is a torch, no matter what the ambient lighting is like, shine the torch on the problem, nod knowingly, say "Mmmmm" and then "Carry on" and wander off.

Also be a member of the wardroom fire party which involves every officer turning up at the scene of the incident, when it's all over, armed with the torch and carry out the above procedure :)

^aye - Torch is essential for scuttling along to Captain & collecting your 10 Points with:

"Sir, Sir! I've just given it two coats of a good looking-at and it's definitely forked; so you'll jest heff to go beck in to chenge it."