Offered Alternative Role/Department?

anotherandrew

Midshipman
Hi,

I wonder if anyone knows of or has experienced what I'm about to ask?

Following a successful application and sift have the RFA ever thought an applicant would be better suited for a different role within the RFA to the one they originally applied for?

Does this sort of thing happen or do you end up unsuccessful for the role you applied for and should bother getting feed back you then have to reapply for the alternative role?

I ask as I keep reading/seeing manning shortages within the RFA although it's never clear if these are across the board or particular departments/ranks and should they be interviewing someone who they might not feel is suitable for role a, but would be for role b and that happens to be a department under manned do they bring it to the applicants attention for them to consider?

Where is the current manning shortage?

Cheers

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
MoD_RSS Record numbers offered flu vaccine as those with flu and COVID-19 more likely to die MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Half of all private and voluntary sector fostering placements offered by just 6 companies MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Thousands of children offered nutritious breakfasts during summer MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Virtual Events remain for now; greater flexibility of events to be offered in future MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Thousands to be offered repeat testing in care homes MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Over £1 million offered in compensation to the Windrush generation MoD News 0
MoD_RSS COVID-19 tests offered to every care home for elderly or those with dementia MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Payment Holidays offered to Help to Buy homeowners affected by Covid-19 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Veterans offered second career in Defence Science MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Every child in England to be offered cycle training MoD News 0
MoD_RSS 25 million to be offered free NHS flu jab this winter MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Roadside recovery industry offered ‘smart’ training by Highways England MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Same-day pharmacy consultations offered to patients MoD News 0
P Advice wanted: Offered Observer but always had Pilot as my first choice Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 18
D I have been offered the CIS Role Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 3
MoD_RSS News story: Cyprus RAF base offered in support of French MoD News 0
P Been offered ETWE Boats... Need advice! Submariners 22
MoD_RSS News story: Royal Navy warship offered to Mediterranean anti-smuggling mission MoD News 0
J Offered role as AET - Opportunities to travel Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 6
S Went for officer got offered rating Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 31
C Passing PRMC/POC, and not being offered a place. The Corps 0
angry_mac Ok, if offered would you take it! The Afterlife - Resettlement and Jobs 64
Ageing_Gracefully Job offered by Book Publisher The Afterlife - Resettlement and Jobs 2
soleil BBC: "Olympic Tickets Offered To UK Armed Forces Members" Sports and Adventure Training 2
soleil Flightglobal: "Royal Navy Offered AEW-configured AW101" The Fleet Air Arm 10
Naval_Gazer Mobility scooter offered to ex-servicemen Motoring 1
A Offered Copy of "Notes on the handling of Type 14 frigates" History 10
trelawney126 Leaked e-mail. Afghanistan Deployment Helicopters Offered Current Affairs 1
R Fail officers AIB what would you then be offered???? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 9
N Police being offered danger Money ! Current Affairs 17
creddly Muslim prisoners offered ham sandwiches sue for millions The Gash Barge 31
MoD_RSS £7 million for vulnerable pupils leaving Alternative Provision MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Commission appoints Interim Managers at The Alternative Animal Sanctuary MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Updated approach to assessing applications from organisations promoting complementary and alternative therapies MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Record NHS funding to give patients a better alternative to hospital MoD News 0
Robin Lovelock Alternative RM SBS video for GPSS.co.uk ? The Corps 1
F Help choosing an alternative role Joining the Royal Navy 59
Rumrat A sweet Alternative Diamond Lil's 0
MG Maniac Alternative Olympic Games Diamond Lil's 25
F The alternative vote Current Affairs 36
A Alternative Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 5
BillyNoMates The Alternative World Cup Final. Current Affairs 0
rod-gearing Alternative to sex Diamond Lil's 17
BillyNoMates Bristols alternative Panto? The Gash Barge 2
witsend Alternative phonetic alphabet Diamond Lil's 63
T 101 Alternative uses of a Pork Cutlass The Gash Barge 2
Chalky The Alternative Christmas Message and wot i fort of it Current Affairs 43
sgtpepperband Alternative Christmas Message Current Affairs 7
A Alternative uses of the male Diamond Lil's 0
the_matelot SR's Mess Dress Alternative Social & Reunions 4