Offer for BRNC

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by Bender, Aug 22, 2008.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. After a not so successful list of A-level results meaning I have to go back for another year, just to rub it in, I received an offer for 3rd November at Dartmouth through the post today. I'm absolutely gutted, really wish I had put the effort in first time around!
  2. Yep, it's a good lesson. Don't let it slip.

What were you applying for?
  3. Pilot
  4. Not to worry, you can still use the wardroom.....................................................................................................................As an occifer steward. :w00t:
  5. Don't know why you've posted this mate, you've left yourself open for all sorts of abuse. Hope you've got a stiff upper lip and skin like a Rhino.

Some say he hates newbies, and that if HE joined up today he'd have all the answers.

......all we know is, he called the Hig! :w00t:
  6. Argh, you idiot, I would kill to go in for that job, and to actually get offered a BRNC place is awesome.

You're obviously very skilled and capable even to get offered a Pilot place.

Just study hard and go in for pilot later on.
  7. Well off topic, but that made me smile. I like that.

8. If it helps, I got 4 A's at A-level and failed the AIB.

I would rather of scraped my A levels and passed the AIB. I am still kicking myself 18 months later. You have done well.
  9. Did you not get the 180 UCAS points, or just wanted better A levels?
  10. Best thing I've read on here for a long time! :w00t:
  11. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

12. Didn't get the points... mainly because I slacked off for 2 years straight.

13. Didn't get the points... mainly because I slacked off for 2 years straightSounds like just the right attitude for a junior Rupert! can't see why you shouldn't accept your starting date with that type of outlook on life.
  14. Tosser :pukel:

Does the RN really need slackers as occifers?

Perhaps even the offer as an occifer steward is too good for you.
  15. And I've never, ever seen a slacking junior rate, senior rate or warrant officer....

Lay off the lad, his chicken's have come home roost and he knows what he needs to do. God forbid you ever made a mistake, eh Slim?
  16. I slacked off all the way through school and got B/C's where I should have got A's for my GCSEs. Does this mean I don't deserve any measure of success for the rest of my life? No. It means you learn the lesson and try harder in future. At least the guy is having another go and not giving up on his dream.

I wish the guy good luck, though I still think he's an idiot for posting news of his failure on here. :crazy:
  17. Excuse me! Slacked off? and you want to be a pilot? Ye Gods matey, that'll be one of those things that, if you do make the grade, you will look back in years to come (after you have worked very hard indeed in either military or civil aviation) and think what a complete plonker I was.
    Whatever your personal circumstances if you want this enough then work and get it!
    If something horrible made you 'slack off' then I am sorry; otherwise get on with it.
    Do you realise how many young men and women out there are walking around threadbare, working their socks off, to have the faintest chance of getting a couple of gold/silver stripes on their shoulders?
    Put your mind to it and in a few years (you wouldn't be the only one) you could leave the RN and be sitting earning very good money indeed in the right hand seat of a Boeing or Airbus for the likes of BA; going on to the left hand seat of a 747 or A380 ...
    Look at how much you have going for you!
    Sorry about the rant but your apparent attitude deserves it.
  18. Id treat it as a wake up call, its not the end of the world bender. My results were pretty good, but Im not particularly confident about my chances of passing AIB in sept, but hey Ill give it my best shot.
  19. I pretty much agree with Grubber.

I didn't do as well as I should at A Level, I got my priorities wrong (I think organising school events, whilst enjoyable, should have taken second place to my own needs).

I've slowly learnt from that to start getting priorities right, as I'm sure the original poster has learnt from his mistakes. Not, agreed, a great thing to admit on RR, but he's going back and doing it again, not giving up. It shows some character at least, and might make him stronger in the long run (you certainly remember lessons learnt from mistakes for longer than those learnt from success).
  20. It's not going to help you if you think you won't pass the AIB!

The AIB is all about confidence and believing that you can pass the AIB! You have to go down there knowing that you are going to pass the AIB.

I am not saying go down and be cocky and far too over confident. You have to go down with: a positive attitude and knowing you are going to give it your best. With these thing and as long as you have done the necessary preparation for the PLTs,written tests and fitness and you will pass the AIB..... hopefully! :dwarf: