offensive humour

Discussion in 'Diamond Lil's' started by The_Wonderer, May 10, 2007.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Watched a very interesting program on telly last night about some jokes being taboo, or too insulting etc, and began to "wonder" :wink: if infact there are any absolutely "no go areas".
    Like a sad [email protected], i've spent quite a bit of time thinking about this, and I've come to the conclusion that all jokes / humour in some shape or form will be offensive to some people in some way.

So; should we stop telling all jokes to avoid offense? (I dont think so!)

- a bit sad, this I know, but thought it would maybe make an interesting thread.

(here's a few at my own expense)

Q. What's the difference between a coconut and a Scouser?
    A. One is thick and hairy, the other is a coconut

Q. What does a scouser and Batman both have in common?
    A. Neither can go anywhere without "Robin"

Q. Why does the River Mersey run through Liverpool?
    A. Because if it walked, it would get mugged
    :D

I'm sure you lot have many more; so c'mon BRING IT ON! :D

2. Another for the pot....
    Parts of Liverpool were closed off today after a suspect device was found on a car..... Police later identified it as a tax disc'.......

:)

3. What do you call a scouser in a suit?
    The defendent

What do you call a scouser with a job?
    The defendent

If the river Mersey is the areshole of the world then Liverpool is the carbuncle on that arsehole.

Whats the best thing that ever came out of Liverpool?
    The road south.

NUtty

4. Was it true that after the hurricane damage in New Orleans that 3 aircraft left Liverpool full of helpers---to assist in the looting ??!

5. The traditional answer, of course, is "the A580". Those who remember Z Cars would know it as the East Lancs Road.

6. Poor joke's, I work in Liverpool, my family where from Liverpool, Liverpool has the same problems as any other city, but they are the most friendly people that you could wish to meet and I have worked in most of the major cities in the UK and Europe.

7. 8O :lol:

8. *2

9. It's nice to see a non-scouse jumping to our defence for a change though

We may be a lot of things, but from my experience (unlike the common belief), it's a good job we are not sensitive. :wink:

10. I am was born in Winsford, so to be sensitive, could be a bad thing, when you from that part of world :oops: :D

11. 8O WINSFORD!

now dont get me started :wink:

12. :D superb mate!

13. You know the saying, Cheshire born, Cheshire bred, Cheshire ****. :D :D :D :D

14. NOOOOOOOOOOOOO

going down! ?

C'mon folks, I thought this would better.

If your bored with scouse jibes, let's have a go at someone else :twisted:

15. Well you would say that would'nt you.

Being a self confessed scouser, work there family come from there. Cannot agree with the rest of your statement but then I am a biased Londoner.

Nutty

16. As I said your family had it off and moved to the suburbs. Once a scouser always a scouser.

Nutty

17. Did you hear about the Newfie who went ice fishing?
    He caught fifty pounds of ice and his wife drowned trying to cook. :D

18. No one works in Liverpool, I've seen Bread on tele. Boris Johnson was right, scousers are a load of sympathy seekers. As for the Sun, when it told it as it was, the scousers stopped buying it.
    Would you buy a used car from a scouser?