Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

offensive humour

The_Wonderer

War Hero
Watched a very interesting program on telly last night about some jokes being taboo, or too insulting etc, and began to "wonder" :wink: if infact there are any absolutely "no go areas".
Like a sad [email protected], i've spent quite a bit of time thinking about this, and I've come to the conclusion that all jokes / humour in some shape or form will be offensive to some people in some way.

So; should we stop telling all jokes to avoid offense? (I dont think so!)

- a bit sad, this I know, but thought it would maybe make an interesting thread.

(here's a few at my own expense)

Q. What's the difference between a coconut and a Scouser?
A. One is thick and hairy, the other is a coconut

Q. What does a scouser and Batman both have in common?
A. Neither can go anywhere without "Robin"

Q. Why does the River Mersey run through Liverpool?
A. Because if it walked, it would get mugged
:D

I'm sure you lot have many more; so c'mon BRING IT ON! :D

Another for the pot....
Parts of Liverpool were closed off today after a suspect device was found on a car..... Police later identified it as a tax disc'.......

:)

What do you call a scouser in a suit?
The defendent

What do you call a scouser with a job?
The defendent

If the river Mersey is the areshole of the world then Liverpool is the carbuncle on that arsehole.

Whats the best thing that ever came out of Liverpool?
The road south.

NUtty

Handler

War Hero
Was it true that after the hurricane damage in New Orleans that 3 aircraft left Liverpool full of helpers---to assist in the looting ??!

Poor joke's, I work in Liverpool, my family where from Liverpool, Liverpool has the same problems as any other city, but they are the most friendly people that you could wish to meet and I have worked in most of the major cities in the UK and Europe.

The_Wonderer

War Hero
rugger_bob said:
Poor joke's, I work in Liverpool, my family where from Liverpool, Liverpool has the same problems as any other city, but they are the most friendly people that you could wish to meet and have worked in most of the major cities in the UK and Europe.

It's nice to see a non-scouse jumping to our defence for a change though

We may be a lot of things, but from my experience (unlike the common belief), it's a good job we are not sensitive. :wink:

The_Wonderer said:
rugger_bob said:
Poor joke's, I work in Liverpool, my family where from Liverpool, Liverpool has the same problems as any other city, but they are the most friendly people that you could wish to meet and have worked in most of the major cities in the UK and Europe.

It's nice to see a non-scouse jumping to our defence for a change though

We may be a lot of things, but from my experience (unlike the common belief), it's a good job we are not sensitive. :wink:
I am was born in Winsford, so to be sensitive, could be a bad thing, when you from that part of world :oops: :D

MerseyMan

Badgeman

The_Wonderer

War Hero
NOOOOOOOOOOOOO

going down! ?

C'mon folks, I thought this would better.

If your bored with scouse jibes, let's have a go at someone else :twisted:

rugger_bob said:
Poor joke's, I work in Liverpool, my family where from Liverpool, Liverpool has the same problems as any other city, but they are the most friendly people that you could wish to meet and I have worked in most of the major cities in the UK and Europe.

Well you would say that would'nt you.

Being a self confessed scouser, work there family come from there. Cannot agree with the rest of your statement but then I am a biased Londoner.

Nutty

AfterSSE

War Hero
Did you hear about the Newfie who went ice fishing?
He caught fifty pounds of ice and his wife drowned trying to cook. :D

slim

War Hero
rugger_bob said:

No one works in Liverpool, I've seen Bread on tele. Boris Johnson was right, scousers are a load of sympathy seekers. As for the Sun, when it told it as it was, the scousers stopped buying it.
Would you buy a used car from a scouser?

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
D Offensive tattoo? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 14
MoD_RSS Draft guidance published to underpin the Offensive Weapons Act MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Offensive Weapons Act receives Royal Assent MoD News 0
Stirlin The right to be offensive ? / Fat gate. Current Affairs 149
sgtpepperband The World's Most Offensive Map (Updated) Diamond Lil's 5
soleil Mail: "RM told to cover up 'offensive' regimental tattoo" The Corps 16
Naval_Gazer Help for Heroes event "offensive to ethnic minorities" Current Affairs 15
C Offensive The Quarterdeck 58
brazenhussy IS "BRITAIN DAY" OFFENSIVE TO UK MINORITIES? Diamond Lil's 21
spider_monkey Offensive to who? No Muslim has complained! The Quarterdeck 17
BillyNoMates Toilet humour Blue Jokes 4
MG Maniac Aussie Humour Blue Jokes 0
Ninja_Stoker Lavatory humour, can't beat it Diamond Lil's 0
janner Clean humour Miscellaneous 0
A A Little Military Humour Miscellaneous 0
A Tree Humour Land Ops 0
Ageing_Gracefully The Laughing Soldier - squaddie humour jokebook Charity 0
trelawney126 At Last someone with a sense of humour Current Affairs 9
F Tot Time humour Current Affairs 1