Off to sunny Spain

Discussion in 'Travel & The Great Outdoors' started by johne, May 25, 2009.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Well on our travels again. 8) Next wednesday down to Pompy for the St malo ferry. Then onto Bordeaux to pick up our new tec travelking caravan. 1 night there then hitch up and down to Torrevieja for 4 days. (sold our apt collect the uckers). Up to Gandia near Valencia for 19 days. Hitch up again and off to Pamploma for the Bull run (not participating) 7 days. Off up to Cognac. 10 days. Then home via St malo ,Pompy, Lancashire.Bliss. :D
  2. That sounds like a brilliant trip! Have a super time!
  3. Will do .Thanks..
  4. i live just outside cognac, you should have a walk down the canal in jarnac; just down the road, lovely this time of year!! :) hope you have a safe trip^!!
  5. bordeaux is our favourite town/city in france.
    if you fancy a quick look at the old gaston navy there is a french cruiser from the 50's/60's tied up on the quay and open to visitors.
    we have now retired to the gers region and try to get up that way when we can.
    if you fancy it, there is a branch of the rna in the western dordogne, hav't been up though.
    have a whopper run, that's what it is all about.
  6. Yes Arcachon is nice if a bit on the pricey side.
  7. FlagWagger

FlagWagger Book Reviewer

Why so sad? Is it because its French? :)
  8. mrs johne has sadly died whilst in Spain on Sunday morning.
  9. Sad news johne.

My commiserations.
  10. I'm truly sorry to hear that shipmate. My thoughts are with you.
  11. commisserations shipmate. even though we do not know you our thoughts are with you.
  12. I'm very sorry to hear of your loss Johne

13. Johne

I am so very sorry to hear this. My deepest sympathies.
  14. What Jan said. There is nothing we can say or do but just to let you know I said "oh crap" out loud when I read your blog entry.
  15. Johne
    Am so sorry for your sad loss,I know what it is like to lose a loved one and in Spain also.
    If you need any help with any paperwork etc please PM me