Off to Raleigh - 4th Nov - Quick ( stupid ) question!

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by willmuse, Aug 1, 2007.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I'm off to Hms Raleigh on the 4th of November!
    I'm doing weapons engineering ( submariner)
    My question is what branch is that? as in the letters; AET, SN etc? haha, sorry if I sound dumb. But I havn't got a clue!

Any one else off on the 4th too?

Thanks in advance!
    ^_^;

2. Well this might seem like a dumb answer but I think what you're looking for is 'WE(S)'. But then I'm not sure.

Anyway, I also got my join date today which is the 28th October so I'll probably see yer there!

3. ET(WE)(SM)

Somewhat concerning you didn't know that

4. I knew it was ET something...:p yeh hopefully see you there!
    I'm quite suprised at how quick this process has been! 4 weeks ago I walked into my AFCO for the informal chat!

5. OMG People joining up, but they don`t know what they have joined up as, something seriously wrong with either the recruiting office or the recruit. :threaten:

6. Don't assume I don't know anything about what i'm going in for because I do. I just didn't know the correct term that's all. No, the people at the AFCO building didn't tell me that I would be " ET(WE) SM" but that doesn't mean I don't know what i'm going in for.

7. Going off topic - why even bother with the ET bit?

WE(SM) to me would mean weapons engineer (submarine) - nice and simple (the title, not the person).

It wouldn't get mixed up with the WEM / OM / TIFF or whatever else is left over 'from the olden days' - would it?

Same goes for air and marine, ET go home!

Willmuse, good luck with your career, and I wish you many happy changes in the name of your branch over the coming years!

8. haha, thanks alot mate:)

Good to see some people can control their temper on here! :afro:

9. So my job role would now be 'A' if we got rid of ET? Or jus the T? Or the E?

Not sure saying I'm an 'Aircraft' to my superior or similar would go down too well.

10. Hig is P!@#! Off with good reason...he hasnt dropped a sprog.
    NZB

11. I`m not pi**ed off at all, i just find that some of the questions are mind numbing, he said himself the the AFCO did`nt tell him which justifies my remarks reference the Recruiting Service, If he`d asked that question at the AFCO, the mind boggles as to what they would have said. Or perhaps they don`t know, with branches changing all the time, now i really must go and lie down.

12. OK, presuming it's not a bite, AE for Air Engineer, ME for Marine Engineer.

And AE(SM) for a submariner one - and there's another whole post on that!

13. Because it's not all about weapons is it? Electrical Technician...on occasion they will stray out of the bombshop to do things like comms and some other stuff of an electrical nature...

14. It's Engineering Technician, not Electrical.

15. If you end up SWS, then I’ve no doubt that I’ll end up seeing you at some point in the next year.

:dwarf:

16. Oh right I see. I'm looking forward to the challenge of getting my Dolphins! sounds like a rewarding career path! Anyone else here a WE (SM)? :nemo:

17. Yes

:thumright:

18. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

So perhaps now, having read all the theorizing as to what stands for which, we can understand the initial poster's question.

I still call "Logistician (Catering Services) (Preparation) (Submariner)" a Chef (SM) as the new title confuses the hell out of everyone.

19. I'm quite suprised at how quick this process has been! 4 weeks ago I walked into my AFCO for the informal chat![/quote]

Wind up time methinks.. :toilet:

20. As confusing as “Logistician (Catering Services) (Deliverer) (Submariner)†aka plate lifter (I think?)

:dwarf: