Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Off to Orlando in April

I'm on Hols in Orlando in April, anyone know if you can still get into Seaworld etc free on your ID card? also has anybody used Shades of Green (US millitary Hotel) to get tickets etc?

Didnt know you could get freebies here, as I somehow sort of ermmmmm still got my ID card... oops.

Bloody cold here today, 37 in whorelando.......But in April will be low 80's.

If I can be of help, im us

Mike

Shocks_to_Launch

Midshipman
As far as I know you can still get into any Anheimer/Busch owned park i.e Sea World / Busch Gardens on your ID card - pity some UK facilities don't show a similar level of recognition of the effort of the armed forces.

wave_dodger

MIA
Book Reviewer
Yes you can but in Seaworld/Busch gardens they scan in your ID so that you can only go to one or the other. That said we did both and it wasn't flagged.

You get decent other discounts to the Disney franchises too!

SILVER_FOX

War Hero
The Americans love their Service personnel and they love anyone who is classed as an Ally. Any time I've been there they have been extremely accommodating and you get freebies and discounts in all sorts of places. Many will display signs saying as much so you definitely need to take your ID (assuming you are legally allowed to take it out of the UK).

SF

Mine's been all over the world with me!
Last time I was at Seaworld there was a separate queue for service personnel.
Have a good holiday.

sailorbhoy67

Midshipman
I am going to savannah georgia for the new year i got myself a us military travel book so i will get a few px runs in ,you cannot beat the land of the big hotdog ,now for the pound to rise against the dollar :thumright:

Tell me about it, bloody glad we sent some funds out here 6 months ago and bought a couple of rentals, now at 1.45 to $1 its not cheap as chips any more for you "Brits". But when we go "home" big savings for us

WarMonger

War Hero
JFH...went to Orlando in September and got into SeaWorld with the better half for free.

You need to print off a voucher and fill it in before you get there from this website (below)....I did see something that said it was only for a limited time so not sure it will still be on when you get there...see following website..!

Here's To The Heroes

If you end up in Seaworld at the Shamu stadium for the killer whale show they ask service personnel at the start to stand up (both US and UK) and you then get a standing ovation from 8000 people...quite an experience...can you imagine getting that over here...Im no war hero but makes you feel proud as f**k shame I had to go half way round the world to another country to get it!

Always ask for a military discount you get them where ever you go, shopping, hotels, restaurants and car hire.

I contacted the USO (US equivalent of the NAAFI/SSAFA) in Jacksonville Florida and spoke to a retired US Navy Chief who provided excellent information on discounts and places to go.!!

www.uso.org

I left it a bit late and wasnt able to get discounted tickets for disney but as you have a bit more time you can probably get it organised.

Hope this helps..happy hols!!

WM

WarMonger said:
JFH...went to Orlando in September and got into SeaWorld with the better half for free.

You need to print off a voucher and fill it in before you get there from this website (below)....I did see something that said it was only for a limited time so not sure it will still be on when you get there...see following website..!

Here's To The Heroes

If you end up in Seaworld at the Shamu stadium for the killer whale show they ask service personnel at the start to stand up (both US and UK) and you then get a standing ovation from 8000 people...quite an experience...can you imagine getting that over here...Im no war hero but makes you feel proud as f**k shame I had to go half way round the world to another country to get it!

Always ask for a military discount you get them where ever you go, shopping, hotels, restaurants and car hire.

I contacted the USO (US equivalent of the NAAFI/SSAFA) in Jacksonville Florida and spoke to a retired US Navy Chief who provided excellent information on discounts and places to go.!!

www.uso.org

I left it a bit late and wasnt able to get discounted tickets for disney but as you have a bit more time you can probably get it organised.

Hope this helps..happy hols!!

WM

"Active" duty anmd the voucher is valid til end of the yr.

Always, always ask if they have a senior/junior/one leg/service/whatever....discount, everywhere here. Most companies do have some sort of discount...ASK

GashHand01

Midshipman
Went to the Big Apple-New York last year. Before i went, i emailed the USO there and explained i was coming over for a short trip. Even though i've left the services, they were still really helpful.

As long as you bring some sort of discharge paperwork,proving your time in the forces they'l give you discount for all sorts of things.

Damn sight better response than what we get over here..!

GH

You are going to Florida at possibly the best time of the year, weather wise. None of the oppressive heat of summer.
Enjoy yourself.

dhoby

Midshipman
It`s not just theme parks, ask for military discount on car hire and hotel rooms. I joined a us website called military connections and you can get more info off there. I left the navy in 1989 and just use the reserve card I had issued, that is enough.

dhoby said:
It`s not just theme parks, ask for military discount on car hire and hotel rooms. I joined a us website called military connections and you can get more info off there. I left the navy in 1989 and just use the reserve card I had issued, that is enough.

Is that just US military? I still happen to have some sort of ID!!!!

sussex2 said:
You are going to Florida at possibly the best time of the year, weather wise. None of the oppressive heat of summer.
Enjoy yourself.

Oppressive heat.............was a nice 75 yesterday by the pool

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
MoD_RSS New surrender scheme starts to keep dangerous weapons off the streets MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Negotiations on the future cost of the TV licence kick off MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Lift-off for new generation of space scientists MoD News 0
Waspie SBS currently involved in incident off IOW (Sunday25/10/20) Current Affairs 15
MoD_RSS Lift-off for Shetland spaceport MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Companies House to resume compulsory strike off process MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Nation's job hunt JETS off MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Landmark event for the space industry lifts off MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Take-off for UK-built supercomputer nanosatellites MoD News 0
MoD_RSS UK leads thousands of NATO troops in major exercise off Scottish coast MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Prepare for lift-off: Jet Zero Council to deliver carbon-free flight MoD News 0
MoD_RSS UK kicks off Climate Week NYC with a series of ambitious climate commitments MoD News 0
R I need help sorting my late fathers 6 off 1939-45 medals & 2 off Mention in Dispatches Certificates. History 14
MoD_RSS UK-built nanosatellites ready for take off MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Companies House resumes voluntary strike off process MoD News 0
U Quick question about paying off foreign RFA 2
MoD_RSS Pond project pays off for great crested newts in Essex MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Companies House to resume the compulsory strike off process MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Recovered appeal: land off Audlem Road, Stapeley, Nantwich and land off Peter De Stapeleigh Way, Nantwich (refs: 2197532/2197529 - 15 July 2020) MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Companies House to restart the voluntary strike off process MoD News 0
MoD_RSS CMA secures loan write-off from payday lender MoD News 0
MoD_RSS The danger of unsecured loads – Highways England reminds drivers to check before setting off this summer MoD News 0
MoD_RSS £105 million to keep rough sleepers safe and off the streets during coronavirus pandemic MoD News 0
MoD_RSS UK-Qatari Typhoons take off as joint squadron MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Third Future Accommodation Model (FAM) pilot takes off in RAF Wittering MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Home work pays off for LLWR MoD News 0
B How soon will the commonwealth hold be taken off please? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 4
MoD_RSS Furlough scheme cut-off date extended to 19 March MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Team spirit pays off for Distington residents MoD News 0
MoD_RSS NHS to benefit from £13.4 billion debt write-off MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Recovered appeal: land off Station Road, Long Melford, Suffolk (ref: 3214377 - 1 April 2020) MoD News 0
MoD_RSS First new ventilators to roll off production line this weekend as industry answers call to step up manufacturing MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Off-payroll working rules reforms postponed until 2021 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Coarse fishing on rivers is off limits for three months MoD News 0
M I put my application on hold a year ago. Do I have to re-apply & start again or can I carry on where I left off? Joining the Royal Navy 7
MoD_RSS Market exploration: roll on roll off and containerised freight screening MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Government to help businesses with off-payroll working rules MoD News 0
MoD_RSS UK’s first industrial contribution to International Space Station ready for take off MoD News 0
MoD_RSS HMRC announces change to the off-payroll working rules MoD News 0
MoD_RSS UK Tech Rocketship Awards take off in Taiwan MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Muc-Off pays beach clean charity after failing to recycle packaging MoD News 0
MoD_RSS How the UK is helping connect off-grid communities across Africa MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Off-payroll review launched MoD News 0
MoD_RSS 200 people to spend Christmas off the streets and in their own homes thanks to innovative government programme Housing First MoD News 0
soleil BBC News: "German WWI Wreck Scharnhorst Discovered Off Falklands" History 1
MoD_RSS Fishing vessel sinks off Isle of Man MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Recovered appeal: land off Darnhall, School Lane, Winsford, Cheshire (ref: 2212671 - 4 November 2019) MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Couple and their dog safe after being washed off breakwater at Mullion Cove, Cornwall MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Platform Evacuation off Shetland MoD News 0
A How to turn off swear censorship? Site Issues 2