Odds rules on GYH pay

Discussion in 'UPO' started by FunkyJunky, Jun 3, 2014.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Why is it that to prove you can claim get you home pay that a SKY bill is NOT acceptable as proof yet a BT bill is.

I cant claim get you home pay since move locations as the Missus pays water, gas and electric and I pay the TV, Phone and internet (all with SKY) and we go halfers on the council tax?

I know I can get put on the water, gas and electric account but that is not my point. Why is a BT bill seemingly ok yet a Sky bill isnt

also, in the days of paperless bills, the UPO really REALLY need to get with the times
  2. I dripped about this a while ago, it's ****ing daft. The only things I have that are on paper are council tax and water. Everything else is paperless.

The rules seem to chop and change by UPO too.
  3. I just dont understand what so ever (and that is without me trying to be difficult) why a Sky bill. in full on, tree destroying format in my hand is not acceptable, yet a BT one would be

what is the f-ing difference?
  4. also, when asking what the actual difference with BT and SKY is, the CPO WTR just telling me.......

"There just is, ok PO"

5. Your forgetting its there money.
  6. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

One hopes you replied "Yes Chief" before decking the shiny-arsed, sea draft dodging, higher pay-banded, white mafia, UPO-closed-for-training, non-duty-keeping, day-worker?

Just wondered, like.
    • Like Like x 12
  7. I did every bit of what you said......in my head

but satisfying all the same
  8. Are you married? If you are then it's okay to use bills in her name. If not then just take over the payments of one of the bills?
  9. There's more than one I'd like to deck. Never say never eh?
  10. Total bollocks as the rules state pretty clearly that it's a phone bill. If it's with a supplier other than BT, it should still be acceptable.
  11. I have taken over one of the bills.
    I pay the tv, Internet and phone
    And half of the council tax

I would like to know the difference between a sky bill and a bt bill

Anyone know the JSP reference which relates to this subject?
  12. Guns

Guns War Hero Moderator

JSP 752 Ch5 Section 5

c. Those claiming GYH (T) must provide documentary evidence to prove entitlement. The SP is to provide proof of financial commitment to the QRes supplying photocopies of the documents listed below, as follows; a Council tax bill is mandatory in the UK, plus one of the documents from Group Two. For overseas properties, any two documents from Groups One or Two are required.

Group One

- Council Tax bill for the current year (or overseas equivalent)

Group Two (either one, mandatory)

- Mortgage documents, or Land Registry documents, or Ground Rent.

- Tenancy Agreement, including full details of the property.

- Utility bill (gas, electric, water, telephone but not mobile phone) (to be dated within the last 4 months)

- Buildings and/or contents insurance (for the current year)

- Direct Debit or Giro bank evidence of payment of any of the Group Two documents above (to be dated within the last 4 months)

- Evidence of inclusion on the current Electoral Register or overseas equivalent.

d. The documents above are to be shown in the name of the SP and are to clearly show the address of the QRes. The documents are to be provided on initial claim at a Duty Station, when assigned to a new Duty Station and where there is a change in personal circumstances. Where the evidence produced does not meet the requirement outlined above, casework is to be submitted to the PACCC in accordance with Para 01.0108.
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Well, on the basis pusser produces both a group 1 and group 2 item for me in my married quarter, I'll be telling the UPO to look at JPA, confirm I'm paying MQ Rates and CILCOT, and that will do.....
  14. If those are the rules in the JSP. Why on earth has my UPO decided to be more restrictive?

Just plain odd

They also said that prove of direct debits on my bank statement cannot be used too
    Last edited: Jun 4, 2014
  15. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

To be fair, they cannot spend all day sorting out pay and stuff. They have to spend some of their time writing themselves-up for honours & awards. You don't get MBEs for just sitting on your arse in an office all morning & playing golf with Admirals all afternoon.

Hang-on a minute.....
    • Like Like x 4
  16. FJ,

Sent you a pm.
  17. General advice: Go and see LO(Pay) because if the Chief Writer is being obstructive, then there's no point in dealing with them. Print off the relevant section of the JSP (as listed by Guns) and politely ask if there is anything in black and white that is making the process for claiming GYH(T) more difficult than it should be. If a LOTM has been issued, detailing what is acceptable and what isn't, then that would be the reason. However, if there isn't, then you need to ask why their staff are making up their own rules and interpretations of the JSP. Put like that, you should then succeed.
    • Like Like x 1
  18. Sounds very much to me the BT vs Sky thing is a hang up to the old days when BT was the only communications provider and sat there with the main utility suppliers.

Maybe about time the JSP's needed amending to reflect the times!

A mere thought to throw into the pot.
    • Like Like x 1
  19. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

That never happens, surely..?! :shock: :twisted:
    • Like Like x 1
  20. Always. It grips my shit when the branch makes up it's own rules for grins.
    • Like Like x 1