OD of the Year Award

Discussion in 'Diamond Lil's' started by rod-gearing, May 2, 2007.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Should the forum hold an OD of the Year Award like the OSCARS and who should it nominate? We could have different categories for various topics and achievements.
  2. I thought OD's were abolished some years ago and all ratings below the rank of AB were immediately promoted to AB. If not then it must be embarrassing being an OD when new entries to Raleigh join as ABs. 8O :D

Perhaps what we need is an AB of the Year compo?

Can I nominate Arthur? :)
  3. Mr Bean ,[Arthur] :cry:
  4. I will have to get Nutty to speak to you, being an OD is as much a state of mind as a rank.

5. Or even a Rate.
  6. Quite right, only excuse was still working my way through first mug of coffee.
  7. Definately Mr Bean and his sister Jelly
    geoff(ers) :?
  8. I would rate him as being the biggest OD of all time! :x
  9. I think he is pretty average really, just he did it in front of the national press, I can think of a few from my time in the mob who could have done just as well and perhaps better
  10. Me... But only when realisation kicks in....
  11. As my signature states I am the "Eternal OD" a title bestowed upon me by a person who passed by the name of "Cosmos" aka "Compost with whom I crossed cyber swords with many years ago on the Submariners Forum at Barrow.

Yes I can confirm Maxi's view that it is a state of mind based on the pretext that:

"Growing old is compulsory, growing up is optional"

To be an OD you have to refuse the growing up option. If you have accepted the option then you cannot return to OD Status.